Too sad not to share

TNT

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
Hehe yeah you can still burn your fingers good buying the wrong camera.
The vantrue could use more / stronger IR light for the cabin camera, the back seat are still pretty dark, so if i was a uber driver i would probably MOD a IR light into the overhead light and have that on all the time at night.

That guy is clueless about dashcams :mad: Just another clown who wants to become rich and famous on YT by making people think he's worth listening to when he isn't. Gotta wonder if all the different things he reviews are also done to such an abysmal standard :eek: I don't have the stomach to look into that :cautious:

Phil

That guy is clueless about dashcams :mad: Just another clown who wants to become rich and famous on YT by making people think he's worth listening to when he isn't. Gotta wonder if all the different things he reviews are also done to such an abysmal standard :eek: I don't have the stomach to look into that :cautious:

Phil
+1

If you have noticed the few videos on youtube with my sorry face, they are private,,,,, as far as i can recall.
And i have moneymaking turned off on youtube.

I decided to see if anyone here posted to the video. My hunch was right:

As someone who beta-tests and reviews dashcams for 3 manufacturers, I can say that there is so much wrong here that I'm aghast. You're comparing apples and oranges, not comparing equals. None of these cams are intended for the same kind of use, you didn't show footage in all weather and driving conditions, you didn't cover available options, you didn't mount them to where each would give a similar view, you didn't test all the menu options and features, you didn't make any attempt to use other than the default cam settings, and you didn't differentiate between battery and super-cap equipped models which matters hugely to those in hotter climates. I'd suggest learning more about what you're reviewing. The Vantrue N2 Pro is designed for Taxi and Uber use. The Garmin is designed to be feature-heavy for car owners wanting only a forward-facing cam and those features. The mirror cams are all crappy now and in the past, and aren't even in the same class as Garmin or Vantrue who build quality cams. Anyone who wants to learn about dashcams should visit the Dashcamtalk website where there are only real reviews from real owners and in-depth info on most of the quality cams on the market world-wide. You'll even find several cam manufacturers there. A much better bet than listening to this guy.

Thank you to whoever you are! (I have an idea who you are)

So many people are clueless and believe these YouTubers. I usually spend no less than a week researching before buying anything.
I just spent 2 weeks deciding if our new TV was going to be 49" or 55", then deciding which 55" we were going to get for the price range I wanted. Then spend another few more days deciding on 2.1 or 3.1 soundbar. Then another day on which 3.1 (didnt take as long as there are not as many 3.1 to choose from). And the soundbar I decided on has optional 2 wireless satellite speaker set I can add later.

Back