Top 10 dash cams Jan 2015

That's an interesting list, never heard of some of those. Quite refreshing.

Wow - 3rd best dashcam has sound! "You get a 2.5 inch LCD screen, LED lights to help record in low light, and it records sound.", wonder when that feature will appear on all the other dashcams?

Bit odd that they don't consider loop record important to usability, the one that has that feature is only no. 10...

Interesting list-

#3, I'd never consider, not 1080P

#5, a GoPro really!? Screams steal me!

i figured it would be a bunch of the cheap cameras available on amazon but the gopro really made me laugh considering they said they researched for easy to use "set and forget" dash cams.

This is just a random assortment of links to Amazon best selling dash cameras masquerading as a top ten list. It's affiliate bait.

This list made me laugh :)

The $200 Cobra (#4) was bought, largely on the basis of brand reputation, by someone participating here. He found it disappointing by comparison with his Mobius.

"You get what you pay for" doesn't always hold true in the dashcam arena.

I am not sexist, but there are not many good women mechanics out there ( if they are there, then mechanics guru knows them ). Same is for women who tries to judge on professional level a dashcams ( @ Posted by: Elizabeth Maartens )

https://plus.google.com/u/0/115132338932849886290/posts

If she would be a "pro" to judge dashcams, she must be at least to be a very active on DCT forum.

It is sad that because of such not fully professional articles there will be a lot of people falling into trap to buy a wrong dascham.

Probably she relayed on some Amazon sales statistics or was affiliated to write in such an order. Who knows.

The $200 Cobra (#4) was bought, largely on the basis of brand reputation, by someone participating here. He found it disappointing by comparison with his Mobius.

"You get what you pay for" doesn't always hold true in the dashcam arena.

I can see how "well informed" she is with dashcam world "behind the curtains situation" is by writing @ No.4

" Here the Cobra Electronics Drive HD CDR 900 attempts to compete with cameras like the GoPro but still offer traditional car dash camera functions."

No.4 is actually made by Chicony, which also makes a GoPro ;)

If it's just pulled from the Amazon top 10 list its proof that a lot of people still don't know what they're buying I guess
Some people are focused on quantity over quality. It reminds me of a small town I visited for business. There were two Chinese restaurants just across the road from another and the group would always go to the one restaurant, which always had great food. On one trip I was alone and noticed that the parking lot at the other restaurant was absolutely packed, which is usually an indication they serve quality food. Nope, the sole attraction here was that the food was cheap and plentiful.

Moral of the story: just because something is popular does not mean it is good.

Some people are focused on quantity over quality. It reminds me of a small town I visited for business. There were two Chinese restaurants just across the road from another and the group would always go to the one restaurant, which always had great food. On one trip I was alone and noticed that the parking lot at the other restaurant was absolutely packed, which is usually an indication they serve quality food. Nope, the sole attraction here was that the food was cheap and plentiful.

Moral of the story: just because something is popular does not mean it is good.
I had a Chinese restaurant in the town I went to college like that. It was very cheap and the servings were they biggest I've ever seen. But besides the fried stuff it was TERRIBLE. I ordered schezuan (spelling?) chicken and it was like chicken carrots and onions in sweet and sour sauce. But it was the most popular restaurant in the city of around 85,000 people. My first delivery job up there was for the BEST Chinese food I've ever had but they didn't get much business because it was pricey (although fairly priced and still relatively cheap). The owner was from China and dropped out of school in 4th grade to become a cook.

What bothered me though is people would get offended when I said the other restaurant was low quality even though I did go there sometimes just for the value for stuff like Sesame chicken or lo mein.

It's like cheap is the only thing some people value and actual quality is alien to them.

Someone needs to get a hold of her and at least mention a few things. I mean this list is troubling. I don't mean to brag, but I tend to work my ass off to keep people from buying that 027 knock off after I had to deal with it.

Also for someone who praises ease of use there are no videos showing just how easy they are to use or how easy they are to set up, or any videos of anything at all for that matter.

Lastly a link like
amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00MYHOD5A/ezcardashcameras-20
(When clicking the G1W) doesn't throw any red flags at all

I suffered through a few flakey 0801's after that.

Four of 'em if I remember correctly. Your heroic efforts to make the buggers work put me right off the 0801, & indirectly led me to a hassle-free year & a half with Mobius. Thanks for that.

Wow - 3rd best dashcam has sound! "You get a 2.5 inch LCD screen, LED lights to help record in low light, and it records sound.", wonder when that feature will appear on all the other dashcams?

Bit odd that they don't consider loop record important to usability, the one that has that feature is only no. 10...
doesnt make sense because most have looped recording they likely just saw that cam advertise it and assumed any that didn't advertise that as a feature doesnt have it.

its pretty obvious it is just affiliate bait as jokiin said, but i find it surprising how they even took the time to make a video.

They're having a laugh, No7, I had one, lasted less than a year and would stop recording for hours on end and only noticed when the card was taken out and looked at on the computer, I wouldn't want it/one as a door stopper

Back