Toshiba 64GB EXCERIA M302 4k 90MBPS Micro SD With Adapter

I have a Samsung EVO 64G card that I bought quite some time ago (months) for less than 20 USD. I see that same card currently offered on Amazon for over 30 USD.
That's consistent with the current price changes, some of the cards have more than doubled in cost over the last 12 months, it's out of control at the moment

That's consistent with the current price changes, some of the cards have more than doubled in cost over the last 12 months, it's out of control at the moment

It seems I made a good investment. The Samsung card is still in the package. I actually paid just over $17.00 for it as it seemed like a good deal at the time so I purchased it even though I didn't really need it yet.

It seems I made a good investment. The Samsung card is still in the package. I actually paid just over $17.00 for it as it seemed like a good deal at the time so I purchased it even though I didn't really need it yet.
I dont think so. If you dont use it, you just waste 17$ for nothing and waste a space to storage the sd card. You may thing: it's a tiny space, but try to have hundreds of tiny thing... your house will be a mess.
My father and I used to had a ton of sale off thing which i thought i save some money here. But in the end, they are used for nothing, corrupted, failure, or my house are too full and i have to give away them. Wasting alot of money.
Now, i set a rule for myself : before i buy something, i will question:
Do i need it ?
How many time i gona use it ?
Then decide to buy.
Because i find out: almost thing we buy, we thing we will use sometime. But actually, we never use this. Or when we need to use this. We buy it with no sale off. BUT buying one thing is still cheaper than buying all sale off things.

Last edited:
I dont think so. If you dont use it, you just waste 17$ for nothing and waste a space to storage the sd card. You may thing: it's a tiny space, but try to have hundreds of tiny thing... your house will be a mess.
My father and I used to had a ton of sale off thing which i thought i save some money here. But in the end, they are used for nothing, corrupted, failure, or my house are too full and i have to give away them. Wasting alot of money.
Now, i set a rule for myself : before i buy something, i will question:
Do i need it ?
How many time i gona use it ?
Then decide to buy.
Because i find out: almost thing we buy, we thing we will use sometime. But actually, we never use this. Or when we need to use this. We buy it with no sale off. BUT buying one thing is still cheaper than buying all sale off things.

I guess we disagree. If I see an item that I know I will definitely need in the future that happens to be offered at an extremely attractive price now, I will buy it knowing that it will save me a lot of money at a future date. Not only that but for certain items, like microSD cards, I know I will have a spare on hand in case I should happen to need it. MicroSD cards are very tiny, even in the packaging and hardly take up any room. It's not like I buy a whole drawer full of memory cards I will never use.

I happen to have nine different dash/action cameras in a rotation of active use at the moment. I can pretty much guarantee that I will be happy that I purchased that Samsung card for about half the price of what one would cost me if I wanted to buy it today.

Last edited:
I have the 128GB version of this card in a CCTV camera which has been running 24/7 with 6Mbps video (so looping around every 34 hours) and it's been working fine since the 13th January and has done around 85 full write cycles so far :)
Just updating this one - I updated the firmware of my Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z last night and the card disappeared within seconds.

I assumed it had died after looping constantly 24/7 since last January but so far it's passed the first h2testw run so looks like it could be a firmware issue (it's happened before on this particular camera).

A quick calculation shows it's done around 273 full write cycles so far - it's certainly lasted longer than I expected for this particular use (to the point I've just bought another one!)

As with anything your milage may vary but for my use this has been a great card.

My exceria cards have not seen load like that yet, but i like them and feel good about them.
So far they have worked in anything i have put them in.

todays price on E-buyer is £20.97. On Amazon UK is £19.80.

Back