Tosser overtakes on a pavement !!

Tom Butler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 & Mobius (rear facing)
Idiot behind me feels he is too important to wait 30 seconds to make the next left turn. He mounts the pavement and passes cars already signalling their left turn. All this near to a school crossing.

I'm surprised that the crossing attendant seemed to be so calm about it all.

Have you sent the video to the police?

I suspect you live in the wrong part of the country for anything to be done, but the evidence is clear enough and none of us are happy with that behaviour.

Reactions: Mtz
I had a similar guy a few years back, he went strait to the police, and by my accounting they should fine him around 10.000 Dkkr and take his license, all within seconds of driving.

People commenting on some of my YT uploads say " whats there to complain about its just normal driving"
I swear some time i think there is a brain eating disease going around here.

I swear some time i think there is a brain eating disease going around here.

There is such a disease happening and it's everywhere :(

Phil

Yeah stupid is Pandemic, to a level where people trying to curb it or argue against it are considered weird.

Dr. Kamkar1 has correctly diagnosed the disease and noted it's effects :D Similar to treating a cancer, the only method we have to successfully address this requires complete removal of all the diseased parts, and if it is not done soon enough the disease will destroy the entire entity :( As the patient named "Society"is no longer willing to accept the treatment, my prognosis is that this will be fatal to them :eek:

Phil

I suspect you live in the wrong part of the country for anything to be done, but the evidence is clear enough and none of us are happy with that behaviour.

From past personal experience, Greater Manchester Police are not really interested in acting on driver submitted dashcam footage.

Thats too bad about Manchester Police, so this mean they will also mothball deny to look at a regular submission of a lawbraker ? :confused: arnt this the basis of any society based upon a common law, i mean that people and police together say "O hell no" when someone break the law.
you can not leave guard against lawbreaking to the police alone, that will need a change of society to a police state, or the outright collapse of that society into anarchy.

The guy above in the video that i did turn in and managed to get police to accept / look at with the help of media, well i did include a written statement where you could look as the video as additional evidence.
Denmark only have about half the cops we should have, so even a little extra event mean a lot of overtime for the poor bastards.
Now army soldiers are standing guars as various Jewish places as they are in danger from another religious minority here, and i think the plan also are for the army to watch the border.

I'm surprised that the crossing attendant seemed to be so calm about it all.

I suspect they see it every single day and just gave up caring!

I don't think we have anywhere in this country anymore for police to do anything. CCTV emerged yesterday of a parked car being smashed into by someone who drove off, police don't want to know, claiming no resources. the truth is, they'll literally only investigate something if they happen to have 20 minutes to kill. If they don't, absolutely no low priority incidents will be looked at, and that stretches to an unprovoked assault not far from here in which a young (completely innocent) man's jaw was broken by a thug, and a van stolen from a dealership this week despite the police having CCTV and NAMES!!.

Our government is destroying our country

People commenting on some of my YT uploads say " whats there to complain about its just normal driving"
That's exactly the problem. It has become normalised because police/authorities have turned a blind eye to it for so long. Almost everyone's attitude is now "if I can do it successfully it must be OK."
The authorities' are so in love with speed cameras, they're now only interested in similar technical offences, ones with cheap, easy-mode results: no effort and guaranteed conviction.

when the police don't care anymore, that's a short path to people taking the law into their own hands. and that never ends well.

Then suddenly they care, and the decent people who (literally have no other choice but to) resort to vigilante methods always get caught, arrested, investigated, and sentenced, while the natural born scumbags carry on regardless

People who consider that to be "normal driving" either don't have a license or also drive like that. No point arguing with those people, Darwin will catch up with them one day.

That's exactly the problem. It has become normalised because police/authorities have turned a blind eye to it for so long. Almost everyone's attitude is now "if I can do it successfully it must be OK."
The authorities' are so in love with speed cameras, they're now only interested in similar technical offences, ones with cheap, easy-mode results: no effort and guaranteed conviction.
We suffer from the same problem: they just do static speeding control operations and the usual grand and news-worthy operations where they only check the drivers/riders for alcohol, drugs and DL's status. Parking is a chaos, roundabout circulation is a chaos and everyone gets away with it. However, they developed a refined "taste" to fine people who are forced to park in unauthorised places, for loading or unloading, because there's no alternatives. Meanwhile there's a roundabout that was turned into a car park for some years now and nobody has ever been fined there.
30 parking fines a day in that roundabout (yes, a day) give them more money than the occasional 1 or 2 speeders and have less paperwork involved but no, they only target people who are working and have no parking options. :mad:

Being a moron is the new norm apparently.
No, being a moron became the new norm since people started realizing they could get away with it unscathed. :mad:

Here too :( It began here when the Government began allowing LE agencies to get a percentage of the fines and property seizures they made which was once prohibited. Same as anyone would do, once they discovered the "easy money" that is what they focused on to the detriment of enforcing other harder-to-prosecute laws and those which "paid less money" :mad: Worse still is that most LE now take into account the revenue an Officer generates when it's time to review for promotions and raises further perpetuating the wrongness :( The end result will be

when the police don't care anymore, that's a short path to people taking the law into their own hands. and that never ends well.

And while true, who can blame the people for doing what needs to be done when the Government will not do it even though they can? :rolleyes: I for one will turn a blind eye toward such things as long as they do not become excessive :whistle: I do this not by choice but because there is really no other viable choice open to me.

Phil

Idiot behind me feels he is too important to wait 30 seconds to make the next left turn. He mounts the pavement and passes cars already signalling their left turn. All this near to a school crossing.
That looked like the hand of a female on the steering wheel Tom.

Back