Tossin' it..

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
OK, I'm done now with Joovuu since I bricked it (finally) and I can't find how to restore it with ELF file, and as far as I know it's quite a hassle, so I'm tossing it.

I also have the GPS module. Is that good for anything other than the Joovuu X? Could it work for Gitup F1? Of Viofo A119S?

If not, I'm tossing that too.....

No the inline GPS are unique for the X cam.

Dident he poste a video on how to use usb direct and flash a elf file ?

No the inline GPS are unique for the X cam.

Dident he poste a video on how to use usb direct and flash a elf file ?

On Youtube?

Yeah, I also kinda thought that, but I haven't found it yet. Maybe I'm just not interested enough...

I've got the exact same thing as Hhollandog:

Attached is PDF version of a MS Word file I found in 2016. I remember the steps worked, but it required more than one attempt and much cursing.
My Joovuu's are still running.

Attachments

• A7 USB update steps .pdf
    439.3 KB · Views: 8
Attached is PDF version of a MS Word file I found in 2016. I remember the steps worked, but it required more than one attempt and much cursing.
My Joovuu's are still running.

thx, i'll give it a go as soon as i have time for it....

this the "latest" file:

jv-x_160704.elf

?

DirectUSB tells me:

"Found 0 AMBA device!"

that's bad news, right? Or do I need another elf file??

Last edited:
I have jv-x_160715.elf and 160713.elf. I can upload if you want to try one or the other.

I remember the "Found 0 AMBA device!" message. I think my solution was to keep trying until it worked. I may have misread the instructions the first few times, and skipped a step without realizing it.

I have jv-x_160715.elf and 160713.elf. I can upload if you want to try one or the other.

I remember the "Found 0 AMBA device!" message. I think my solution was to keep trying until it worked. I may have misread the instructions the first few times, and skipped a step without realizing it.

I have tried on different pc's, multiple usb ports, and various usb cables, so you'd probably guess there can only be 2 things going on, bad camera, or bad elf file.... So, despite the fact that I don't want to spend too much time on this oldtimer anymore, yes, I'd like to try the newer elf files. Thank you!

Ps: the led's do come up very dim lighted, so my best guess is the camera is still not dead (yet)...

Don't forget to try a hardware reset.

The elf file was too large to attach. I have it on mega.nz, if the link doesn't work here, I can try another site.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/tossin-it.41814/

Never tried the url link on here. If it doesn't work, look in the attached text file for the url.

Attachments

• megalink link string.txt
    70 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks, the link in the text worked, I really appreciate it!

Will let you guys know later this week what's what. Time to :sleep: now.

Don't forget to try a hardware reset: paper clip in the reset hole.

Is there a specific order of ding that? Cause I think I tried endlessly....

Anyway, zzzzzz now...

Attached is Joovuu-X manual. Look's like I remembered wrong about the reset "hole", as you probably noticed there's a small reset button to press.

Attachments

• JooVuu-X-Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Attached is Joovuu-X manual. Look's like I remembered wrong about the reset "hole", as you probably noticed there's a small reset button to press.

Yeah I know, thanks, but that would be too picky to point that out. It has a reset button so the idea is the same.

Don't forget to try a hardware reset.

The elf file was too large to attach. I have it on mega.nz, if the link doesn't work here, I can try another site.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/tossin-it.41814/

Never tried the url link on here. If it doesn't work, look in the attached text file for the url.

OK, I tried the jv-x_160715.elf, still no AMBA device found. I't just the a7lbub setting, choose the elf file for download, click download, right???

OK, I tried the jv-x_160715.elf, still no AMBA device found. I't just the a7lbub setting, choose the elf file for download, click download, right???

Do I need to rename the elf file to firmware.elf (like firmware.bin)?

I'm pretty sure the elf file should not be renamed. It loads differently from a bin file. Of course, I did this in 2016, so my memory could be faulty.

I think the "no AMBA device found" message has nothing to do with what files you select, it's probably indicating the program can't detect a compatible device.

Are you holding down the "rec" button while you connect the camera and usb cable to your PC? I think that's the step I forgot or I pushed the wrong button more than once.

I'm pretty sure the elf file should not be renamed. It loads differently from a bin file. Of course, I did this in 2016, so my memory could be faulty.

I think the "no AMBA device found" message has nothing to do with what files you select, it's probably indicating the program can't detect a compatible device.

Are you holding down the "rec" button while you connect the camera and usb cable to your PC? I think that's the step I forgot or I pushed the wrong button more than once.

I'm exactly following the instructions and doing the exact same thing as described earlier in the pdf file.

Different cables, different pc's, Windows 8.1 and 10, different usb PORTS.

DU just does't see the device.....

Fwiw, the pc actually dóes see the camera, and I can read / write the sd card in the camera through the USB connection...

I also have performed Windows update, formatted the sd card 32gb. Restarted pc's, remove and reinstalled DU... What else is there...?

Last edited:
Back