Totally lost.

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
My 522gw is still having the issue where it will sometimes power on without starting recording and I've tried everything I can think of.
New nextbase U3 micro sd card
Changing power sources
No rear cameras attached
Formatting SD card every two weeks
Removing it from app

I'm very close to giving up on the camera and dont know what to do, as of now I am using a 32GB U3 Nextbase branded micro sd card, camera isnt connected to the app, I am using a generic hardwire kit although this issue would happen even with nextbase HWK and the CLC, any ideas?

Hi,

Does the same recording issue happen when the camera is plugged inside your home using the USB cable please?
Is the 522GW on firmware version R21.5 please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

yes it still does, and yes the 522GW is on R21.5

Hello,

I'm afraid it sounds like the camera may have a hardware fault. We would recommend sending it into our Repair Centre for investigation. Please contact us directly at support@nextbase.co.uk or 02920 866 429 (UK) and we can book this in for you.

Kind regards,
Millie

Update: Rang support and they have advised me to get a replacement unit from halfords, will let you know how that goes

Final update: Halfords exchanged the camera for me and so far there dont seem to be any issues, great customer service thanks millie!

That's great news! Very glad to hear that the issue is resolved.
If there's anything else that we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,
Millie

My 522gw has had battery problems from day one.

I thought I was doing something wrong but now the unit will not turn on at all.

I’ve taken the unit out and charged for 24 hours via a mains plug. When in the vehicle it was connected to the cigarette lighter charger. It used to switch on when the vehicle ignition was turned on but that all stopped recently.

This is a piece of kit I thought you could plug in and play without issue but the forum appears to be full of people with 522GWs with battery issues.

I’m also located in the Republic of Ireland and not sure how i can resolve as there are issues posting battery equipped devices to the UK!

I see a dash am as indispensable these days so very disappointed in the whole experience with this device.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Decking 522GW 1
D 522GW 5
Back