Touch Screen LK-9370 Card format Notification Page

joetucson

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
LK-9370 , LK-9390
My LK-9370 is set to notify me when it is time to reformat the cards. Up until last month it has been doing so reliably. I then touch the screen to select the card(s) and it reformats properly. NO LONGER. I still get the notification page, but the page is NO LONGER responsive to the touch. I can't select format or cancel at all. It is as if the touch screen feature no longer works.

The unit appears to be working even though I can't get beyond the notification screen since it gives event notification sound when going over a speed bump. After traveling a few miles (5 min or so) the format notification screen goes away and the real time camera screen comes on and all is OK. The touch screen BECOMES RESPONSIVE. I can make any selection in the menu system until I select FORMAT which brings up the format card screen WHICH IS NOT RESPONSIVE and will remain for another period of time (maybe 5 minutes) before going away.

I have tried multiple cards both Lukas and non-Lukas with the same result. The format screen is not responsive.
I thought it may be related to the summer heat here in Tucson even though the Lukas is spec'd to 140F but when I park I make sure the unit is behind my sun screen and not in direct sunlight. I have tried bringing the unit inside and trying it but no joy, so that is not it. Thank goodness Lukas OS X viewer finally added the ability to format the cards.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have both a LK-9390 and a LK-9370, both less than a year old. Both have had multiple issues mainly with Lukas interaction with cards. I don't think this is a card issue.

James
in Sunny Tucson
where it's monsoon season

Hi Robert,

I am running 7.0.7 firmware.

OP, did you ever get it to fix by upgrading the firm ware?

I have the R935 and am having the exact same problem and have been for the past several months. I'm not going to upgrade the firm until I know it works.

Hi,

I bought the Lukas LK-9370 WD on July 12th 2016. It worked very well till last year. In spring and summer ther're no problems. Bur when it get's colder in autumn I've got problems with the SD-card. When I start the car it tells there's a problem with the card. I've to format it. I tried Lukas SD-cards and also other one's. Still the same problems. I'm afraid I've got the same problems as last winter with temperatures off +5 Celsuis till -10 Celsuis.

I searched the web and found more the same problems with Lukas camera's. Has someone a solution? Is it because a SD-card is getting round through warming up in the heat off the sun and getting less connection in it's compartement?

Back