Toyota Canada Announces a Branded Dash Cam

Pretty cool to see the car manufacturers interested in dashcams. First BMW released a unit made by a 3rd party and now Toyota.

I wonder if Toyota makes this themselves?

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing but could you please edit the link? It starts with 2 seconds left in the video....
Hmm, don't know how I did that but it's fixed.

I doubt the Toyota is making it - just rebranding something else.

Looks similar to many wedge shaped dashcams from various brands.

Instead of showing accidents, they rely on a Bigfoot for the ad? That's also a fake BF!
I guess they want to show good things but not conveying the message why dashcam is needed.

it's like they're marketing it towards the "put your entire life on social media" generation as opposed to the "I need a reliable witness for the crash for cash scam" claim!

it's like they're marketing it towards the "put your entire life on social media" generation as opposed to the "I need a reliable witness for the crash for cash scam" claim!
IMO dash cams are a good thing - no matter what your initial reasons were for getting one. If this raises awareness it's not a bad thing.

While dash cams are a good idea for obvious reasons to most anyone, I doubt that any automobile manufacturer with any marketing savvy would think it a good idea to include imagery of the motor vehicle they wish to sell you being involved in a crash.

While dash cams are a good idea for obvious reasons to most anyone, I doubt that any automobile manufacturer with any marketing savvy would think it a good idea to include imagery of the motor vehicle they wish to sell you being involved in a crash.

yeah a tough product for them to market in that respect

Surely they could use that stock footage of the scooter kid throwing the back of his bike into the front of that lady's car, then bodyslamming the bonnet....

No WAY would anyone say no to a dashcam if they saw that! Actually it wouldn't shock me if that one clip alone was responsible for 2017's massive hike in sales

Back