TrailVision Trail Camera System

Mechman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hiya Gents -

Been lurking on the forum for a while, soaking up information. I haven't had anything to post, so no reason to sign up. But I came across this camera system recently and thought it might be useful for those looking for a multichannel solution - especially because of some of its interesting features.

I tried searching for it, but haven't come across it in these forums.

https://www.retrofitoffroad.com/trailvision-off-road-jeep-camera-system/

To begin, it's not as high resolution as most here would like from a dash cam, but it seems that no company has gotten that right on a multi channel system yet. These guys just went for features and skipped the resolution challenge.

An interesting capability of the system is the "triggers" that change the view on the main screen. In the case of the example videos:
- Main view: Three screen split, left side on TL, right side on RL, and underneath across the bottom
- Left Indicator - Left side full screen for 5s
- Right Indicator - Right side full screen for 5s
- High Beams - Under side full screen for 5s
- Reverse - Rear camera full screen until leaving reverse.

I don't know if it continually records all 4 or just what's on the screen, but that's a cool setup, even for daily driving.

Something I saw a bit of on the jeep forums was that one could build this kit for much cheaper through ebay/amazon - I haven't looked into it, but I'm guessing that's true as with a lot of things.

More in depth information can be found at the following forums:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/t...r-jeep-wrangler-retrofit-offroad-1634241.html

Just thought I'd share it too see the group's thoughts.

this type of product has been around for a long time, someone has just taken a different marketing approach I guess

There's tons of these systems available from China, me thinks the mark-up is a bit much.
It's a backup camera with 4 cams, and the cams can be had for cheap in bulk.
I'm not knocking the competition, because it isn't. :D

Back