Transcend 32gb Premium UHS-1 (red & black card) failures?

Wipeout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Has anyone had issues with the above card?

I have had 2 appear to fail in the last couple of weeks in my dash cam (F70/i1000), they work for a few days, store about 10gb of files then appear to lock up totally, I cannot format or delete files, I've tried various PC & laptops but no joy, the first one was replaced by My Memory and the second one is on its way back to them now.
They didn't advise what was wrong but I suspect they just return them to the manufacturer.
My no name 8gb card works fine and has done for the past few months so I don't think the camera is faulty, maybe a comparability issue.
I'll try a Sandisk 32gb one and see how that gets on.

Cheers
Chris

Transcend is generally good & recommended if you bought it from a reputable dealer. I've been to China and you would be surprised at the number of fakes being shipped of all brands. (saw first hand at local shops there)

You should avoid grey/red entry level Sandisk cards, and Samsung EVO cards though. (in Dashcam products)

There have been quite a few of those Transcend cards that have failed - I did some quick analysis at the start of the year on the ones that failed in the X2 and it appeared they were contained within a certain batch range.

There have been reports of various cards failing - maybe a bad batch or fakes got into the channel but from memory someone else had a couple of them fail from MyMemory too in the UK - @Bluenose I think it was and they were swapped out too.

Thanks all.

It's Odd that my cheap non branded 8gb one seems fine and the named branded one is playing up.
Maybe bad luck on 2 new cards?

Thanks all.

It's Odd that my cheap non branded 8gb one seems fine and the named branded one is playing up.
Maybe bad luck on 2 new cards?

If you got them both from the same source could be a bad batch. We've shipped 100's of Transcend 32gb Premium 300x UHS-1 (red & black) SD cards bundled with the SGZC12SG Deluxe Kit USA version, and have plenty of happy customers.

I don't know why you buy micro SD cards online. It's a bit of a gamble, really. Aren't they sold in local stores? Here in Portugal every photo, computer or appliance store sell them, from 4GB up to 128GB, and even if they are a little more expensive (the difference is insignificant, really) at least you're not buying fakes and you don't have to wait for them to arrive.

You should avoid grey/red entry level Sandisk cards, and Samsung EVO cards though. (in Dashcam products)
What's the problem with Samsung EVO cards?

I have been using one in a Mobius after reading positive reviews on this site, and was about to purchase another.

Yes, possibly, I'll try another brand and see how that gets on.
If you got them both from the same source could be a bad batch. We've shipped 100's of Transcend 32gb Premium 300x UHS-1 (red & black) SD cards bundled with the SGZC12SG Deluxe Kit USA version, and have plenty of happy customers.

Back