Transcend DP200 Battery Replacement

baju83

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hello! Anyone here tried prying open a DP200? searched all over the internet and there's no tutorial on how to do it. Tried opening it, did not have any luck.. no screws like the dp220. any advise is appreciated.

Hi.
The case can be opened with great care. I used a flat plastic blade from my laptop repair kit to prise open the top. It does contain a lithium battery
The battery dims are 36mm long 25mm wide and 6 mm thick. Rating 3.7v 430 mAh.
I'm finding it hard to source this battery, as the dimensions of the battery are critical. There is no room to allow you to increase that battery size, therefore you must replace it with like.
Regards

Welcome to DCT @Stevie55 :)

Ali Express is usually a good source for this kind of battery. If you can't find an exact replacement, a slightly smaller one will often work. Also Transcend might be able to supply one- always worth asking whoever makes something for any needed parts.

Phil

Hi.
The case can be opened with great care. I used a flat plastic blade from my laptop repair kit to prise open the top. It does contain a lithium battery
The battery dims are 36mm long 25mm wide and 6 mm thick. Rating 3.7v 430 mAh.
I'm finding it hard to source this battery, as the dimensions of the battery are critical. There is no room to allow you to increase that battery size, therefore you must replace it with like.
Regards
Thank you all for the information here … I believe the problems I have arise from a problem with the battery. At the moment I cannot see where to insert the flat blade. Is it possible for you to describe or upload a photo please? Thank you.

Back