Transcend DP200 v1.22 Update

Have you had any sound issues with v1.22 ?

• Total voters

vxlomegav6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Transcend DP200, DP220
Hi all i'm new here, Recently i updated via iOS the dash cam firmware to v1.22 and ever since ive noticed the recorded sound quality is poor as in its crackling / distorted, Worse on some road surfaces. It's usualy crisp very clear if not a little low but still never had this issue till i updated to v1.22 :(

Anyone else had this issue?

Have contacted Transcend and they just said to downgrade to v1.21 and send then a video sample have heard nothing since.

Anyway here's the camera...

Hardwired mine into the sunroof power feed, The camera automatically starts recording as soon as the ignition is on and will stop recording when off once keys are removed :)

Thanks in advance, Hope i have put this up in the relevant section of the forum...

Do you have a link to the 1.22 version? The UK Transcend site is only showing 1.21.

I'll try and remember to check it out tomorrow to see if it will upgrade from my Android too.
Personally I disable audio anyway so any improvements to video quality etc are appreciated.

Does anyone know if I can downgrade back to v1.21 ?

Checked on my Android and 1.21 was the latest reported version so I can't upgrade to 1.22.

You may be able to downgrade using the 1.21 firmware on Transcends website - especially if that is the approach Transcend have recommended to you.

It's a good chance then that v1.22 is the cause of my sound issue seen as it started straight after installing the update,

Maybe they pulled the updated to stop anyone else downloading and recommending people who have issues revert back to v1.21

Trouble is im not sure how to downgrade the firmware over the computer it's not as simple as plug and play its some kind of Zip file.

If you extract the zip file there is usually a dp200.bin firmware file and some pdf instructions covering where to copy the files to on the SD card of the dashcam (system directory) and how to install the upgrade using the camera menus.

Thanks mate, Running v1.21 now will see if this cures the problem even though I'm sure was running v1.20 previously as the app update history suggests.

Will update on how this goes ;)

Thats good to hear. Perhaps they have removed it because of the audio issues you encountered.

Spoke too soon :(

Decided to put a video together so Yous know what I'm on about...

Transcend DP 200 Dash Camera - Sound Issues ever since doing a firmware update on an iPhone using their iOS purpose built App for this Dash Cam. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was running v1.19 in the first video clip where the sound issues don't exist.. 2nd clip was running v1.22 and the 3rd clip I downgraded to v1.21 where the sound isn't as bad as the 2nd clip but nowhere near as good as the 1st clip.... ?

Will be emailing Transcend again...

Back