Transcend DP200 Video out Dongle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Transcend DP200. I would like to view footage on my LG HD LCD TV. The device has a Phono Video Out socket for this. The Transcend DP200 package conveniently includes a phono dongle for this purpose. However, my TVs video-in phono socket (the yellow one) is female. This is usual on UK TVs. Unfortunately, the included DP200 video output dongle connector socket is also female. Would a simple male to male adaptor suffice?

Also, will footage display on a TV, or will the MOV video format go unrecognised?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

male to male cable is all you need, as mentioned previously the output is SD and won't look great, your camera acts as the player and just feeds a video out to the TV, it's irrelevant to the TV what the format is

if your TV has a USB port as a lot do these days you may find putting the card in a card reader instead that your TV may well play back the files in Full HD, a lot of TV's will support this and it will deliver far greater results

male to male cable is all you need, as mentioned previously the output is SD and won't look great, your camera acts as the player and just feeds a video out to the TV, it's irrelevant to the TV what the format is

if your TV has a USB port as a lot do these days you may find putting the card in a card reader instead that your TV may well play back the files in Full HD, a lot of TV's will support this and it will deliver far greater results

Thanks, jokiin, for your advice. I'll get a male to male cable and give it a shot. Just love experimenting.

Back