Transcend DP220. Sudden issues

Jc0187

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all! I have had my transcend DP220 for about 1.5 years. When I first installed it, I downloaded the app and updated it and was overall surprised and shocked at how well the app and cam worked. The one issue I did have with the cam is that it was never able to save the proper date. I would go into the settings, set the date, but unfortunately the date would revert back to a standard factory date after a short while. This issue I have grown to accept and live with.

My other issues just started up recently. After getting a new phone, I downloaded the app but never actually opened it, and that was a few months ago. Last week I decided to open the app, set the app up and connected it to my DP220. After this, a plethora of issues cropped up.
-Video is now blurry when extracting footage
-9/10 times the stupid app fails to connect to the cam
-settings no longer save.
I am constantly going into both the app and the camera settings itself and applying the settings (audio off, auto display off after 1 minute). When I apply the settings, they will stay until a random time or day later when they once again revert back to factory, which tells me that there is something wrong with the cam itself.

All of these issues presented itself when I started using the app again. The cam had also received a firmware update just recently as well.
Is anyone else experiencing these types of issues?

Back