Transcend DrivePro 200 VS SG9665GC, major difference or not?

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
who knows the differences in video quality etc.. between these 2 cameras??

who knows the differences in video quality etc.. between these 2 cameras??

I don't know too much about DrivePro, but I do know this. You won't see these kinds of 1 & 2 star reviews on the SG9665GC that's for sure.
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Dri...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Dri...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addTwoStar&showViewpoints=0

@niko's older comparison videos and screen shots between the Transcend and the Panorama might give you at least some idea.

Niko always posts good stuff. At least that post shows some DrivePro video.

Just note, while the Panorama S and SG9665GC have the same Sony IMX322 Sensor, the Panorama S has a super wide 154 degree angle lens, while the SG9665GC is medium 135 wide. (much easier to focus center objects)

DrivePro is also super wide at 160 (even wider I think if specs are correct)

SG9665GC also has the IQ/PQ tuned up quite nice at the moment as well. (especially at night)

Yeah, it was the only place I know that shows some DrivePro imagery examples, not necessarily a comparison. That's why I simply said "at least some idea".

I don't know too much about DrivePro, but I do know this. You won't see these kinds of 1 & 2 star reviews on the SG9665GC that's for sure.
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Dri...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Dri...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addTwoStar&showViewpoints=0

You know Jon, I am sorry but I think you must be the only retailer here on DCT who regularly re-posts negative Amazon reviews and trash talks competitor's cameras. I think it is bad form and there are good and obvious reasons why other vendors don't take this particular low road.

And for what it's worth, the DrivePro is for the most part a well made, well regarded camera.

I didn't comment on how well it's made, just going off the little feedback I can find since it's not talked about much on dashcamtalk. (said I don't know much about it) The OP asked a question directly comparing DrivePro vs GC so that's my answer. Sorry if this isn't helpful, guess I could have sent a private message.

I think the Transcend cameras are generally pretty decent, anyone can get negative reviews and they're not really a good indicator as it can be due to misunderstanding, lack of product knowledge, unrealistic expectations etc, you only have to see how many genuine good reviews there are for products like the DVR207 knockoffs to know that different people have different ideas about what's good and bad out there

I didn't comment on how well it's made, just going off the little feedback I can find since it's not talked about much on dashcamtalk. (said I don't know much about it) The OP asked a question directly comparing DrivePro vs GC so that's my answer. Sorry if this isn't helpful, guess I could have sent a private message.

I don't want to get into a spat with you but I think there is no excuse regardless of how you want to rationalize it. You do in fact often voice highly negative remarks about competitors products while promoting your own. No other retailer here does that. Whatever question the OP asked, it is not your place to make remarks like this. Leave it to other members with nothing to sell to offer their opinions about things you don't sell.

Last edited:
I cannot speak to the SG9665GC as I don't own one, but I do own the Drivepro 200 and mine has been a great purchase. The feature I really enjoy is the wifi where I can play around with the config, do firmware updates and view the saved videos without having to unmount the camera from my vehicle.

ok, so theres advantages and disadvantages of each camera, I see night recordings seem a bit better on the SG9665GC than the DP200, some have things that the other do not, so I guess its up to what you require and what you don't.

The DP200 was my first dashcam 18 months ago - daytime colours were muted but the night time quality was very good to be honest, especially seeing as it was coming out of an AR0330.

The issue I had was that I had too many vibrations through the mount so I sent it back and bought a GS6000 A7, but then that had all the issues of the early Ambarella A7 cameras so I then sent that back and bought two GT680Ws which were very good cameras for me, just without parking mode at the time with the versions I had.

If I'd have known back then it was a standard DOD style mount on the DP200 and I could use a multitude of other mounts I'd have probably stuck with it, but as things turned out many cameras and many hours later I ended up with better solutions in my car (I'm currently running the SG9665GC like yourself, the Panorama X2 and the Lukas 9370)

The vibrations were all mount issues in my car and it just didn't work well for me - the shorter mounts would have been better and they can be picked up as an option now.

In terms of picture quality the SG beats it - it just doesn't do the Wifi yet and the Transcend has the more obvious hanging form factor as opposed to the SG which you can hardly see when placed behind the black dots at the top of the windscreen that most cards have.

There is the Wifi version of the wedge coming though as you can see it on the advertising in the booth at the last two SG shows ;)

I only ever tend to use wifi on cams to set them up though and then don't really use it after that

SG + wifi,,,,,,,, yet ;) that cat been out of the bag for a while, and still we only know it is a cat and it is black :D

I have not owned both cameras in question, but i would go for the SG just for the peace of mind, even if they had the same hardware.

Back