transcend drivepro 220 64gb micro sd card not loop recording!

Sallywacks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just recently bought a transcend drivepro 220 and got a 16gb micro sd card (MLC) free with it.
As a lorry driver and on the road for 11 hours a day I wanted a larger card so I purchased a transcend 64gb card, (ts premium 300x) which I believe to be non MLC, it worked perfectly until it came to loop recording, as soon as the card was full it stopped recording and flashed up with memory card error!! The only way to get it to start recording again was to format the card then it would be fine again!!! Spoke to trsnscend who then released fw v1.06 which was supposed to fix an issue with 64gb cards!! They never said what the issue fix was but it never fixed mine.
The MLC 16gb card loop records fine and works flawlessly!!
My question is would a non MLC card have issues like this, and if so which 32gb or 64gb cards are MLC because I want a larger card.
I know this is quite long winded but transcend will not admit to a software issue but in my opinion the camera works fine with the 16gb MLC card and surely if it was the hardware then it wouldn't work at all??

I have same problem and found that cause of problem is firmware bug. When use free memory ts16gb mlc can loop record and cvr display browse file timestamps is correct data (ex. 2015/11/10 hh:mm:ss) because ts16gb mlc is format by FAT32. If ts16gb mlc format by exFAT same as 64gb then can't loop record and found file timestamps display incorrect data(1980/00/00 hh:mm:ss).This is cause of problem ,Today I report to transcend technical service and wait them fix firmware bug. My cvr firmware v1.08.

Back