Transcend DrivePro 220 Stationary Recording possible?

eliroven

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all! I have recently started using my DrivePro 220 and am generally very happy.
I have perused the Manual and the Settings over and over again and don't seem to find what I want - maybe it's not possible: I would like to have the camera record after parking. Here at work it has happened that some cars have been scratched during the working day, it would be good to have the camera record (out of its own battery) for as long as possible after parking. Also in supermarkets, it can happen that some kid comes bashing with a trolley and maybe scratch your car, again, I would like to leave it recording after parking. Is this possible?
Cheers and TIA, Eliroven

Hi all! I have recently started using my DrivePro 220 and am generally very happy.
I have perused the Manual and the Settings over and over again and don't seem to find what I want - maybe it's not possible: I would like to have the camera record after parking. Here at work it has happened that some cars have been scratched during the working day, it would be good to have the camera record (out of its own battery) for as long as possible after parking. Also in supermarkets, it can happen that some kid comes bashing with a trolley and maybe scratch your car, again, I would like to leave it recording after parking. Is this possible?
Cheers and TIA, Eliroven
You will need to wire the camera to a power source that is always on. The internal battery will not provide enough power to do what you are looking for. Get a hardwire kit and tap into the fuse box using a port that is always live.

Thanks for the reply, excellent! I had thought of that as an alternative, but wondered how much power is drawn - I assume the experts here would have a good idea. Naturally I would not like to find myself with a dead battery after the Cam having been draining the battery for eight hours at say -4°C (25F).

Thanks for the reply, excellent! I had thought of that as an alternative, but wondered how much power is drawn - I assume the experts here would have a good idea. Naturally I would not like to find myself with a dead battery after the Cam having been draining the battery for eight hours at say -4°C (25F).
Look into a hardwire kit that will cut power when the cars battery reaches a pre-set voltage. VicoVation PowerPlus is a good choice, but there are some others.

Back