Transcend High Endurance microSD - 128GB?

Transcend used to be the best bang for the buck card to recommend, but their prices have been stupid high for well over a year now.

Sandisk Ultra "A1" (needs to be A1) or Samsung U3 cards are what we recommend as of today.

Just about any brand that is "High Endurance" seems to be good though. (the White Sandisk ones etc)

I just noticed the Transcend high endurance, do you really think its not worth the money?

I'm finding errors in some of my dash cam records and also had a Transcend premium sd card go bad on me.

I'm thinking about paying the extra money for security as I'm noticing a lot of errors on almost all the SD cards.

You can be damn unlucky with cards at times, at one time all i had was kingston cards, and a few of those i did RMA on 2 times before the replacement work " as expected"

I also had "high end" U3 cards from PNY and trancend ( ultimate ) go sour on me, the 64 Gb trancend i got home - ran H2testw on it one time, put it in a camera and if went into read only mode when i had gotten about 40 Gb on it.
The replacement trancend ultimate have been flawless since then.

I have also had older Lexar - trancend 400x ASO go bad on me, but after i have gotten a fair or decent amount of use out of them.

I am looking forward to dashcams get something else than SD cards for storege, other things like a SSD can only be better in many regards though they also have a finite lifetime ( and i have had one SSD go bad on me after a few years as my c: drive )

I am not totally sure buying a endurance stamped memory card will mean you are safe on dry land, but for the sake of them i do hope they have a larger tolerance.

I do have a trancend Endurance 64Gb ( the all white one ) but i have not used it much, but my plan are to put it in whatever of my "secondary" cameras that cough out a dead memory card next.

My driving are pretty fixed so i should be able to calculate backwards and in the end see how much it took to kill it.

I have installed a few street guardian dash cams in my car and families cars. I had one SD card fail and this was the Transcend premium 32gb.

I notice on my sdcard that I have certain loop files that get corrupted. Not many but say 4 or 5 files that are corrupt and I'm not sure if that is because of sd card issues.
If I click on the file it won't play. I can see these files immediately because they don't have a time length attached to them.

You can buy 2 Transcend 400x for the price of a (any) High Endurance. If the High Endurance will lasts 3x as long it would be worth it. Not sure that’s the case. Plus in a few years you’ll probably want more space for cheaper.

To be honest I used a Sandisk Ultra for 2 years with no issues before I read they were a big no no.

Sometimes you have good luck and others times bad luck.

I have installed a few street guardian dash cams in my car and families cars. I had one SD card fail and this was the Transcend premium 32gb.

I notice on my sdcard that I have certain loop files that get corrupted. Not many but say 4 or 5 files that are corrupt and I'm not sure if that is because of sd card issues.
If I click on the file it won't play. I can see these files immediately because they don't have a time length attached to them.

will get @Street Guardian USA to follow up with you, if there's an issue there we'll get it sorted out for you

Please send me a private message or email with all your details and I’ll help sort things out.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...s128gusdxc10v_128gb_microsd_class10_high.html

Looks like BH has some initial shipments @ $140.. also looks like they changed the design a bit.

transcend_ts128gusdxc10v_128gb_microsd_class10_high_1530829206000_1420292.jpg

Ya, not worth it. Samsung Pro Endurance is a better deal for endurance cards.

How is the samsung pro endurance a better deal? Does it use MLC nand?

Now I'm just confused, supposedly the Transcend high endurance was the best because of the MLC.

Now samsung has a cheaper card that is suppose to last almost double as long with TLC.

I didn't even know samsung had a high endurance card, I have not seen it mentioned before on here as a cheaper better alternative.

I think I read TLC, knowing Samsung probably 3D TLC. If you trust what each manufacturer states, the Samsung will last much longer.

Samsung manufacture their own flash, Transcend don't, as Samsung are willing to put those numbers in writing then I'd think they'd be confident in their product

Back