Transcend Micro-SD card stuck in DR750s

1gpmax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Recently purchased a Transcend Micro-SD card from Amazon (not a reseller): Transcend 128GB microSDCX 350V High Endurance card - £24.12 as a replacement for the stock BlackVue 16GB.

Not sure if it it worked as the camera seemed to repeatedly want to format the card. However the biggest problem is that once inserted into the 750s I could not eject it. It took micro surgey with two pins positioned both sides of the card to pull it out.

Can anyone recommend a card which isn't so difficult to eject?

Thanks

Welcome to DCT @1gpmax :)
Have you tried any other cards in the cam yet? That will let you know whether the cam is the problem or the card. You can safely do this as long as the cam is unpowered, going carefully in case the other card wants to stick too.

Phil

Thanks. Yes, the stock BlackVue 16GB card is fine - insert and eject easily without having to remove the camera from the holder.

Pretty sure the Transcend card was inserted properly. I just couldn't eject it and had to remove the camera from the holder and use pins to remove the card.

I am interested to know if the SanDisk and Delkin cards are the same.

Thanks.

Card sizing is supposed to meet an industry standard, so it's odd to have only one not fit. But anything is possible, especially given these are mass-produced without 100% QC checking. If you have a really good magnifier, you could stack this card above and below one which behaves correctly- any sizing variations should be easy to see in comparison. And if there is a problem shown then best to put the card warranty to work.

Not so long ago Transcend cards were changed in the production process which rendered most of them unusable in dashcams due to their inability to handle the data properly. As far as I know they are still high-quality cards for other purposes and are still made to high standards, so I would suspect that your card is that one-in-a-million bad product which escaped the QC process. In which case they will almost certainly replace it without a hassle.

Phil

I agree to look closely at the two cards together. I am a big fan of Delkin and have never had a problem with them. Look at the Western Digital purple range as well if you are looking around for a new card. A lot of people on this forum use Sandisc high endurance cards. Whatever you get, make sure it is designed for multiple over-writes.

Just to close this off, I now have a Samsung PRO Endurance 64Gb UHS-I U1 card installed in the BlackVue 750s. Card purchased directly from Amazon (not a reseller).

- Card fits and ejects perfectly
- Card was formatted in the BlackVue 750s (not using a computer) following the verbal instructions (hold for 10 seconds, then press again when verbally prompted)
- Footage is recording fine, no reboots or other issues experienced

Thanks for all off your replies.

Back