Transcend Pro 200 veiwing issues

Euan_F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought my dad a Transcend pro 200 for his lorry after he had a few close calls. he's very pleased with it and its done everything its been asked. however playing back the footage via the microSD card either through the cable to the laptop or direct from the laptop SD drive the footage is almost unwatchable. its very jumpy and his CPU usage goes haywire. even using the Transcend software its jumpy and he cant skip to a section he wants. ive tried various players but they all play a few seconds then stick for a while then jump forwards. he's using a class 10 32gb micro-SD card from a reputable seller ive used for years.

any suggestions as a dangerous driver is going to get away with causing a crash as my dad cant view the footage to show police.

Copy the files from the card to the laptop hard drive. Then use VLC, RegistratorViewer, etc to play the files from the laptop hard drive.

It could even be the PC - some do struggle with dashcam videos. It might be worth trying to upload it to Youtube as an unlisted video and then see how it plays back on your phone etc.

Have you tried the files in another PC just in case?

i took one of the cards out of my gopro and it was the same. im sure we did try copying the files onto the laptop (will take my laptop next time im round). the laptop isnt the greatest tbh so it may be the laptop. i hope so because i need to get a dashcam soon for new job and the pro 200 still seems to a be good option.

Copy the files from the card to the laptop hard drive. Then use VLC, RegistratorViewer, etc to play the files from the laptop hard drive.

As above, the footage will play perfectly then

Back