Transcend review

It's a lot to pay for something that so clearly advertises itself. All that white lettering & the shiny silver bezel does it no favours.
And why stick the lens right in the centre of that huge raised portion?
If you have to attach the lens to the DVR, at least put it in a little pod in the corner (like the F70) so the main body can be better hidden.

It's a lot to pay for something that so clearly advertises itself. All that white lettering & the shiny silver bezel does it no favours.
And why stick the lens right in the centre of that huge raised portion?
If you have to attach the lens to the DVR, at least put it in a little pod in the corner (like the F70) so the main body can be better hidden.
I'm not sure why they make these camera so theft appealing and so much like a pocket camera. I recall Jokiin mentioning that the Korean market likes that bling yet to me it seems too risky. I wouldn't say this is the only or the worse, yet I agree there is very little stealth to it.

With the video quality, I was surprised it had so little attention here.

From performance, -built and video quality point of view vs price I must say only good words about this product. ( Have over 2 month )

The only drawback is long bracket mount arm, which doesnt do good, - - allows amplify a vibrations when driving over bumps, but because bracket base is standard to many popular chinese model,s then for 4-5 usd you can change it to other more practical bracket, so I dont see any big issue with it.
Of course questions asked ( as above ), - why silver ring, - why huge lens surrounding ?

For sure if starting developing from the scratch, then me also would prefer having lens at the very pottom part of body, this way upper part could be hidden under rearview mirror sunshade. But as Transcend was not a developer of this product, just used order fro ODM, ( I have a feeling Mio has some hand in this ), then it's totally understandable, - probably for "that" market needs.

Looks like a good camera with great night performance.

I downloaded the original night video samples from Techmoan's site for study. Unfortunately, the downloadable clips are very short, so there's not much to look at. Anyway, here's a couple of frame grabs which show legible licence plates at night...

Transcend Streetlit.jpg Transcend Unlit Road.jpg

I also downloaded the Techmoan night video samples available for the Mini 0803 & VicoVation Marcus 3, however, no licence plates were legible with either camera.

Subjectively, the Transcend does appear to have relatively good low-light performance. It would be great to see some simultaneously shot video with it & a 'benchmark' camera noted for excellent low-light performance, e.g. the Panorama.

Do we know anyone that happens to own both cameras, & has the skills to create a short low-light comparison video?

Last edited:
Back