Transit Bus T-Bones a Tesla Model S

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Guelph transit bus runs a red, light which was red for at least 9 seconds.

While the bus was wrong, it doesn't look like the Tesla noticed that it didn't look like it was stopping. When a red light physically stops crossing traffic then you can ignore those vehicles but not until then!

Phil

Yeah i always look to the sides when i go thru a intersection at speed, this is something i learned the hard way almost being T boned by ambulances and fire engines i did not hear when i had a massive stereo in my car in the 90ties.
Trust no one, sadly a saying that are more and more relevant in traffic.

I do hope the bus have CCTV proving driver was on phone, which to me are the only reason he can miss that big a red light.

A number of dash cam videos with accidents that I have seen, I would not have gotten into the same accident myself. This is one of them, I would have take a good long. I thing a cell phone mount on the window, like some people have, would obscure vision to ones right hand side.I find watching these things are making me more cautious. One has account for other drivers lack of regard for the law or attention.

Fortunately most of my videos are close calls where I had to take evasive action. For the last 3 years, I was simply a witness in an accident, not involved. Three and half years ago, I got rear ended at red light. Never posted that one. But even then I learned and I check my rear mirror more. I learned there, drivers assume you are going to go thru a red light on a right turn without stopping. I have learned if I am stopped before a red, very cautiously moved forward.

For sure what people have mounted on windscreen, and at least here most often illegal, can most likely block some things.
Myself i have my phone mounted off the fixed glass in the driver side door, this way it only ever so slightly block the view of the dashboard air vent, and if hands-free / Bluetooth was working in my head unit i could take a call and not take my had of the steering wheel to do that.
Some intersections here i have noticed that my mirror and the cameras on the dotted area behind also obscure the view of a light bucket, but only as it now seem like they save money on such things and so only have 1 light and then often places at a stupid location, so i have to hunch over or look out of side window to actually see the light though i am not passed the stop line.

Some times i do run a green light at speed and not look to the sides as visibility are bad and i am not going to slow down, but then nowadays i rarely have the music going in the car so no problems hearing emergency vehicles.
And if some one run a red light and hit me, well then i have it on camera.

That video can almost pass for being in Russia.

Back