Tried update from Dashcam menu

GeorgeM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Bought refurbished 312gw. Plugged into the PC which I now realise was a mistake. The menu came up offering mass storage or Update. I clicked on update which was my next mistake. The display show a blue screen with Update displayed in the centre and nothing happening now for 15 minutes.
I have now read the correct way to check and then update. But I am sitting with a Dashcam that seems stuck. How can I recover this?
Many thanks
George

Download the firmware file manually.

Put it on a small formatted FAT32 SDCard (one that Windows can format as FAT32 and not exFAT)

Insert the card then boot up the device.

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I was concerned that I had entered a partial update mode. Will the Dashcam be okay if I just shut down the PC?

Hello,

You can easily take the camera off Update Mode by removing the USB cable, pressing the reset button on the camera, and then inserting the USB again.

'Mass Storage' and 'Update' are two computer modes for the camera. If you select Update, the camera will not automatically update, and it's safe to remove the camera from the computer or change modes. When in Update Mode, you can then manually trigger the update either via Replay3 or from our website.

You can check your 312GW's firmware version by:
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Press the Menu Button Twice to enter the Setup Menu.
4) Scroll down to ‘System Info’
5) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX
It should be on R06.4 or R06.9.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G 312GW 5
I 312GW 4
M 312GW 2
J 312GW 1
J 312GW 11