Triple beeps when parked or just before starting the car.

CharlieG

Reaction score
Country
United States
when I get in my truck lately the a129 pRo duo is beeping three times quickly and repeats that up to a handful of times. When I start the truck all continues as normal and it records. I can also sometimes hear the beeps when I am walking up to the truck. There are no error messages. What could this be? Is this an auditory motion or g-sensor notification, or is something wrong with my cam or card?

I wish viofo would have logs, display what the beeps mean, or have a more complete manual...

bonus question: how do I just turn off all motion and g sensor detection when parked, but still record a parking time lapse? When I am parked my kids are running past my truck constantly, or it’s in a parking garage, so all I would ever get are false positives from things going by.

when I get in my truck lately the a129 pRo duo is beeping three times quickly and repeats that up to a handful of times. When I start the truck all continues as normal and it records. I can also sometimes hear the beeps when I am walking up to the truck. There are no error messages. What could this be? Is this an auditory motion or g-sensor notification, or is something wrong with my cam or card?

I wish viofo would have logs, display what the beeps mean, or have a more complete manual...

bonus question: how do I just turn off all motion and g sensor detection when parked, but still record a parking time lapse? When I am parked my kids are running past my truck constantly, or it’s in a parking garage, so all I would ever get are false positives from things going by.
This needs to get answered! I have the same fricken issue. I even spent 30 dollars on warranty from "Black box my car" and the issue still persists. I don't know what it could be!

My setup is max out, using the option video file format. Using HK3. Must be wired directly to truck/car battery the positive and the ground post. The third wire to a fuse circuit that looses power when vehicle is shut off. I have a reminder to reformat every 60 days. Using 256 High Endurance.

During the first week I was playing around with all sort of setting. In end I did a factory reset, then put in what I wanted and haven't change it since. Try and do a factory reset and put in just the feature you want.

Also, if you suspect your memory card. I use the format that VIOFO does, no other source. Also reseat the card a few times when it start acting up. It hasn't happen yet with me, so it been sitting without reseating it for about 6 months. Oxidation can occur.

So far, no issues, other than a minor g force activation sensitivity when hot, when I hit a bump on the road.

I am using firmware 1.3, never did a firmware update, if you have, try redoing it with VIOFO firmware site. I won't be testing any beta firmware and only when VIOFO make it directly available on their site, no third party source. Practical jokes and corporate sabotage is common.

Back