Trouble accessing menu A119 while plugged into computer

Len Dennis

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A119
Trying to update firmware on my A119 and don't know which version to use: A119S, A119 V2 or A119 v3 . Have the gps version and unit was bought March 2017

That's the first issue. So, in order to determine which version I have, I plug it into my PC. The viofo logo pops up, the camera turns on/beeps/cam is solid red and "active" and then after about 5 seconds, it changes to mass storage, the cam now flashes red.

The second issue: I cannot access the menu on the unit at any time (while cam is on or while in mass storage mode) in order to see the firmware vers in the unit.

I can see (via PC) the movies, etc on the unit though.

So: how do I get into the menu while being powered by the pc? I can access the menu when plugged into the car but that is a PITA when trying to update.

Am I doing something wrong or what?

Attachments

• viofo A119.jpg
    viofo A119.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 2
You want the A119V2 firmware based on the picture of the box you posted. While in Mass Storage mode, transfer the .bin firmware file to the card (using the camera as the card reader). During the update itself, use a USB wall charger.

If you want to access the menu while inside your house, use the provided short data cable and a USB wall charger.

You also need to stop recording before the menu is accessible.
No recording, no mass storage.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B A119 17
S A119 9
R A119 12
Back