Trouble/glitch free dash cam, must be one ?

GuidoFL

Reaction score
Country
United States
I very tried of buying and returning unit that are nothing but trouble with crummy user manuals ! There has to one out there that doesn't cost $500 ? :evil:

From what I hear, the original DVR-027 had awesome reliability. Costs like 40 dollars or so I think. It's not a high end model though, has no GPS or accelerometer and films at a resolution of 720p.

I have to agree on the DVR-027. Crappy quality compared to a GT300W or Mobius but it is rock solid - zero issues to date - winter, summer whatever.

I had a DOD LS 400W that I sent back to Amazon for a refund. Great picture quality BUT mam oh man so many glitches. It just plain wore me out dealing with problems.

GuidoFL said:
I had a DOD LS 400W that I sent back to Amazon for a refund. Great picture quality BUT mam oh man so many glitches. It just plain wore me out dealing with problems.

Guido - did you have problems with blurry video when it was hot?

GuidoFL said:

I was looking at theses. I'll finally have a little bit extra money in a week or two to buy a decent dash cam and replace my DVR-027 and GS8000. Was going to contact jokiin in the next few weeks about his camera, but read he is out of international stock right now. So i was looking at these, but have seen a few not great reports including yours.

So i have been leaning towards a VicoVation TF2+ Premium

My DOD LS400 would freeze up for no reason. Then I couldn't turn it off with switch or power disconnect. Had to remove from mount and stick a tooth pick into the side reset. Also when I prepared to it back I couldn't remove the SanDisk Ultra 64 GB class 10 card ! To me paying $150 for the unit plus $25 for the card totaling $173. and having glitches is a insult ! Seems the dash cam market is NOT ready for the US market yet ?

GuidoFL said:
My DOD LS400 would freeze up for no reason. Then I couldn't turn it off with switch or power disconnect. Had to remove from mount and stick a tooth pick into the side reset. Also when I prepared to it back I couldn't remove the SanDisk Ultra 64 GB class 10 card ! To me paying $150 for the unit plus $25 for the card totaling $173. and having glitches is a insult ! Seems the dash cam market is NOT ready for the US market yet ?

Every electronic was his risk to come whit problems.

some more risk , some less.

for example my Ls300W no Problems , 3 months and going , maybe i am lucky.

GeorgesNJR said:
for example my Ls300W no Problems , 3 months and going , maybe i am lucky.

3 months? :lol:

I've been quite happy with the GS900 (VF960S) from Foxoffer that I purchased a few months back.

I've never had any Hardware related issues and all the problems I've had have been rectified through firmware updates. The manufacturer seems to be throwing a lot of support behind this model.

And a big plus is that it is an Ambarella solution and cheap as well.

Cheers :) Mario

No problems with my Itronics ITB100HD SP for the past 3 months in hot California weather.

What is budget and dash cam functions / priorities ?

Back