Trouble keeping time

Stumann

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
viofo A119
This has been an ongoing problem with my A119. I set the time, and it stays right for the moment, I've even shut the unit down for a few minutes and restarted it and it's correct. Then I check it a few days later, and it's a few hours off. It's always just the hour that is wrong, not the minutes. I'm guessing that the GPS is resetting it for some reason. Does anyone know how to make this work correctly? I think it may have to do with the time zone setting, but I don't understand that part of it. I'm in the US, central time zone. I looked up GMT for central time zone and it should be -5, but how does it compensate for daylight savings? Isn't there a way to set the time "manually" so it doesn't automatically change?

With GPS, you need to set the time zone, but then compensate for the daylight savings time.

Yes sadly daylight savings are still a manual thing for dashcams, so last weekend i changed my time zone from +2 summer time to the actual +1 Denmark are due to its location on the globe.
You just need to set your time zone with a dashcam with GPS, it then take care of the rest, the menu option to manually set date / time are just if you have a model that done have GPS, or for some reason choose not to use the GPS.

Would it be -4 to compensate for DST?

Would it be -4 to compensate for DST?
Compensate whichever way your off. If your over an hour, then -4. Don’t forget, daylight savings time is this weekend, so you’ll need to switch it back.

With GPS, you need to set the time zone, but then compensate for the daylight savings time.

Does that mean the optional GPS base would override the time set by the A119 (V2 in my case) if the two didn't match? I'm asking as the RTC battery seems to be failing in my A119V2 which hasn't got the GPS base. So would buying the GPS base override the wrong A119 time and give the files the correct date/ time?

Does that mean the optional GPS base would override the time set by the A119 (V2 in my case) if the two didn't match? I'm asking as the RTC battery seems to be failing in my A119V2 which hasn't got the GPS base. So would buying the GPS base override the wrong A119 time and give the files the correct date/ time?
yes the GPS will set the clock

Yes, but the first file may be incorrect, which would mess with the looping sequence. So, if the time is off, the first file will be wrong until the GPS locks the time and date.

Thanks. I've ordered a replacement battery and will see how that goes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L A119 2
B A119 17
R A119 12
ghines A119 9
Back