Trouble setting time/clock on 0805 (likely a time zone issue)

geneg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had some trouble setting the correct time on my 0805. I set the correct time and date date stamp on the device, but the hour is off by several hours (maybe 6-8...can't remember for sure) and the date is also sometimes off by a day. This is likely (I'm guessing) because the time zone is off. This is a gps version, so that's probably where the official time stamp is from.

The instructions are pretty bad and I can't find anything. Does anyone know what section of the menu would make the time correct? It's likely a +/- hour setting. I'm on the east coast of the US which is, what -5 from GMT?

Can anyone help? Thanks!

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Time zone setting is to the left of the time setting when you're in the menu, it is generally set to +8 by default

OP
G

geneg

Reaction score
Country
United States
It looks like EST or EDT is either -5/-4 Does anyone know where in the menu to change that?

OP
G

geneg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, I think I fixed it. I set it for -4 since DST starts in 3wks.

But I've noticed now that the microphone is off (international no sign across a microphone on the main display screen). There should be a way to adjust this in the menu, but I've been through all of it and can't find anything. It should be a section on video only or audio/video. But that section of the menu seems to be missing.

Any ideas?

Covo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Orange menu GS1000 (died), now Mini 0805 GPS
Ahah! I was just going to write about the same thing!! I can't get the clock set correctly even though I thought the on screen display showed the correct time. I'm in Melbourne Australia which is GMT +11 at the moment. Is it the first setting in date/time adjustment that does that? My initial reading of the Chinglish manual had me wondering if that was driver number setting???

Covo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Orange menu GS1000 (died), now Mini 0805 GPS
Thanks jokiin :)