Trouble setting time/clock on 0805 (likely a time zone issue)

geneg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had some trouble setting the correct time on my 0805. I set the correct time and date date stamp on the device, but the hour is off by several hours (maybe 6-8...can't remember for sure) and the date is also sometimes off by a day. This is likely (I'm guessing) because the time zone is off. This is a gps version, so that's probably where the official time stamp is from.

The instructions are pretty bad and I can't find anything. Does anyone know what section of the menu would make the time correct? It's likely a +/- hour setting. I'm on the east coast of the US which is, what -5 from GMT?

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Time zone setting is to the left of the time setting when you're in the menu, it is generally set to +8 by default

It looks like EST or EDT is either -5/-4 Does anyone know where in the menu to change that?

Ok, I think I fixed it. I set it for -4 since DST starts in 3wks.

But I've noticed now that the microphone is off (international no sign across a microphone on the main display screen). There should be a way to adjust this in the menu, but I've been through all of it and can't find anything. It should be a section on video only or audio/video. But that section of the menu seems to be missing.

Any ideas?

Yep! That was it. Many thanks!

Ahah! I was just going to write about the same thing!! I can't get the clock set correctly even though I thought the on screen display showed the correct time. I'm in Melbourne Australia which is GMT +11 at the moment. Is it the first setting in date/time adjustment that does that? My initial reading of the Chinglish manual had me wondering if that was driver number setting???

Thanks jokiin :)

Back