Trouble with CellLink Neo and Fuses - DRL and AC won't work

needcamsasap

Reaction score
Country
United States
Car: 2019 Subaru STi

So I bought a CellLink Neo battery to pair with my Blackvue 750 2 channel. I got to the point where I hook up the grounding cable to a bolt, and proceeded to buy an add-a-fuse kit 10A and plugged it into the only ACC available (the legend on the Fuse cover had it highlighted yellow and said "ACC" on it) and it's pin was 7.5A. I then also attached this 7.5A pin onto the 10A add-a-fuse kit.

I then turn the car on just to see if the battery charges, and it does charge, but my daytime running lights and AC do not work at all. None of the temperature gauges work either. Where did I go wrong? I undid everything and not to my surprise, my DRL and AC works again.

A 7.5A fuse would be too low for the Neo - you don't have any others that are between 10A-30A?

You may need to tap into an existing ACC wire that runs through the car, in this case.

I think I recall a 10A or 15A from looking at the legend. What is a safe range to use if my Neo uses only a 9A? Wouldn't a 15A or 30A be too much for it?

Safe range is between 10-30A. Using higher amperage won't overload the circuit in this setup.

No other ACC fuses in your vehicle?

Sorry for the late reply, was out of the country.

I've attached my fuse box and its legend. As you can see, I only have one ACC fuse (Fuse #31). I have tried other 10-20A fuses, and they either don't charge the battery at all or give me the same problems as stated before (DRL doesn't work, heat seater doesn't work).

I decided to look around in the fuse box and found the green 30A in the first picture, top right hand side. What I want to know is, can I remove that 30A from where it is now, and plug it into a "dead" fuse slot (fuse #5, 19, 23, or 30)? What are those fuses for on the far right side where the 30A is found? That 30A column isn't located in the legend.

Can I even go to the extent of replacing my 7.5A ACC fuse with that green 30A fuse? Will either of these methods damage any of my fuses?

Attachments

• 20190927_170412.jpg
    20190927_170412.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190927_170942.jpg
    20190927_170942.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 7
You don't want to remove a fuse and use it into any empty ones, no. Also no for replacing the existing 7.5A fuse for a higher amperage fuse.

You are using a circuit tester, right? Try fuse #18, we recently did an STi and this one was a functioning acc fuse to use.

Fuses doesn't have to say A.C.C, you just need a fuse that eventually turn off when the car isn't running. Many car's Cigarette lighter fuse are perfect for that. Do your cigarette lighter work when the key is out of the ignition with the door opened? Do your head lights?

I just bought a circuit tester, I will have to try this again tomorrow as it's dark outside now and I can't see anything. I don't have a garage to work out of.

I have not tried Fuse #20 10A cigar, but I have tried Fuse #13 20A 12V Plug. The 20A did not turn on my battery at all when the car was on and off. I also tried Fuse #17 15A heat seater, and that did not power my battery at all.

I have tried Fuse #24 10A Audio/Nav, and that powered my battery when car was on, and off when the car was off, but my headunit did not work at all. Similar to the situation with Fuse #31 ACC 7.5A that made my DRL and AC not work.

Back