Trouble with connection 750s-2Ch

PhilSkill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 750S-2Ch Cellink-Neo6
Since putting my Blackvue 750S-2Ch on a Celllink Neo i've noticed i'm having trouble connecting to the camera if the car is in parking mode and has been idle for a few hours. Although the Wifi Light is lit in parking mode I cannot connect to it over the cloud or via a tablet. And yet if I switch off the supply and restart the Blackvue, I can then connect both to cloud and to Wifi direct, so the settings all seem to be ok.

I am running the Newer 1.007 firmware, but also had this issue with 1.006, I'm not sure if the 1.005 firmware had this issue as I've also only just got the Neo and enabled Parking Mode.

I notice there are Wifi Auto on and off, but these are greyed out in the settings with [Off] checked.

Is the Wifi timing out? I've run out of ideas as to why this is not working now I have Parking mode and permanent power to the camera.

Thanks for any ideas!

I've just ordered a Cellink Neo for mine so in a few days I'll be able to tell you if I have the same problem. Currently the wi-fi does drop out but I assumed that was the Power Magic Pro switching the camera off as the voltage drops. I'm expecting the PMP to be removed once the battery is fitted.

Thanks Mick, be interesting if you get the same.

Early days (Cellink only fitted yesterday) but it connected OK when I first tried but then wouldn't connect later. The wi-fi light was still on and the Cellink app showed the normal power usage i.e. it seemed to be switched on OK.

I've turned parking mode off for now to see if that changes anything.

Ok sounds a similar effect and I have Parking mode enabled with motion detect OFF, see how it goes, and if any options affect it,

I have a support call with Blackvue although still getting through the baby steps of "is it in range of your Wi-Fi" type replies... argh! did you read my detailed fault report!!!

Latest one was "This was fixed in out latest Firmware, please upgrade"... Doh… 1.007 2nd edition is installed as per the original fault report!

When you restart, it goes into Normal mode for a while before switching to Parking. Is your issue only while in Parking mode?

Yes, once I pull into the house and it switches to parking mode, I don't seem to get a connection, but if I reset the unit, yes it does a normal mode recording, and then switches to parking Mode and I can get a connection.

So the issue is after the car has lost a wifi link, it does not seem to re-instantiate the link on return to the house, until I reset the unit.

I have the unit set to reset at 3AM, so return to home, no connection, the following morning, (after a reset) in parking mode I can get a connection.

So the issue is after the car has lost a wifi link, it does not seem to re-instantiate the link on return to the house, until I reset the unit.

I have the unit set to reset at 3AM, so return to home, no connection, the following morning, (after a reset) in parking mode I can get a connection.
The latest firmware helps with that, but it's still not perfect. What you describe is typical behavior.

You shouldn't need to reset the unit, just tap the button to turn WiFi off, wait about a minute until it actually does (the light on the side will flash, then go out), then tap the button to turn WiFi back on. That should reconnect you right away.

But if you do nothing, you'll probably find that sometimes it'll reconnect by itself. Definitely after your 3AM reset (mine's set the same), but sometimes you'll find it'll almost immediately reconnect as soon as you get home, sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes not at all until your schedule reset. BV is aware that this feature still isn't quite right.

For example, I just got home from a trip to the office, away for five hours. And this time it reconnected immediately. But that's more the exception than the rule.

Brad.

Brad thanks for that, what you describe is exactly what I experience, so sounds like it's normal unfortunately. Annoying as its always when I want to connect to download anything from the day.

Is the button the touch sensor at the end? I have this set for selecting Manual recording at present.

BV support are getting worse though, even though I've described it a number of times, their latest response was to mail me a website instruction on using parking mode... !? :rolleyes:

On my 650S, the WiFi button is the small one just next to the power connector. I was under the impression the 750S and 900S had the same thing. I could be wrong.

That's how it works on my 750 and 550 that I own, so no reason to suspect that it's different on any other model?
Just press it quickly to toggle WiFi on and off. The only problem that I have is to decide whether the stupid woman with the squeaky pseudo American accent has said "On" or "Off".

On my 650S, the WiFi button is the small one just next to the power connector. I was under the impression the 750S and 900S had the same thing. I could be wrong.
You're correct. The 750S & 900S both have the wi-fi button on the right side of the camera, right underneath the power cable. (y)

@PhilSkill
blackvue-dash-cam-dr750s-2ch-button-proximity-sensor.jpg

Thanks everyone, I'll give that button a go!

Did you not get a manual with yours then?:ROFLMAO:

Yeah right! Manual doesn't mention anything about it not reconnecting to Wifi like every other Wi-fi enabled device manages to... ;)

And as that's also the format button and the reset SSID, last thing you want to be doing when you really need to get a connection and download that vital accident file is to have to be playing with a button that has the ability to format the card and change the Connection settings! :eek:

If the 'accident' file is that important, then take the SD card out of the camera for safe keeping and switch off the camera and hope you don't have another accident.:) Or just put in your temporary spare SD card (You have one of course just for these occasions don't you.):eek:

Having said that, the WiFi does seem less than 100% properly thought through.

I tried the button to switch WiFi off and on and yes it worked thanks Dashoto, bit of a pain doing that especially as you have to wait to turn it back on.

But 1.009 firmware might finally solve this.... fingers crossed!

I wonder if the programmers put into the firmware that the wifi goes to sleep over some time to help conserve battery power and not tell the sales or tech support teams. I know we have that level of a lack of communication at our company.

Does not the WiFi go to sleep after 10 mins of no use if Auto Off is set to On?
Can't be bothered to go to my car to check right now.
My problem is that I can't tell the difference between WiFi On and WiFi OFF the way the stupid woman talks. OFF and ON sound almost the same and the WiFi takes several seconds before its SSID appears on my phone's WiFi list.

I also dislike the voice :LOL:

Back