Trouble with keeping the correct time on my A129.

Andy555

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129 Duo
I can't seem to get my A129 to keep the correct time displayed. I have manually changed it to the correct time multiple times and then when I pull the card out and watch the playback on my computer the time shows the wrong time and one day ahead. Anyone having similar troubles?

I can't seem to get my A129 to keep the correct time displayed. I have manually changed it to the correct time multiple times and then when I pull the card out and watch the playback on my computer the time shows the wrong time and one day ahead. Anyone having similar troubles?
have you set the correct Time Zone / daylight saving for your region in the Menu?
do you use a GPS?

have you set the correct Time Zone / daylight saving for your region in the Menu?
do you use a GPS?
I changed the timezone then changed the time stamp. I wasn't connected to the GPS though when I did it, could that have something to do with it?

I changed the timezone then changed the time stamp. I wasn't connected to the GPS though when I did it, could that have something to do with it?
once you set the correct time zone what ever time you set manually while not connected to a GPS will be corrected within a minute as soon as your GPS gets the signal.

Always have the gps on for correct time and date, then timezone for correct hour.

Always have the gps on for correct time and date, then timezone for correct hour.
Yes and once time zone is set properly you may never have to manually enter the Date/time again. When Daylight Savings time comes and goes, just change the time zone back or forward by one hour and let GPS do the rest. Also GPS will restore the correct Date/time after you do a firmware update or you default your settings {Edit: after you reset the time zone setting}. Love it.

Last edited:
Also GPS will restore the correct Date/time after you do a firmware update or you default your settings. Love it.
so, on A129 after a firmware update you don't have to re-set the Time Zone to a correct one for your region?!
or after you default the settings?!
smile3.gif

so, on A129 after a firmware update you don't have to re-set the Time Zone to a correct one for your region?!
smile3.gif

if you update the firmware or reset defaults anytime you will need to reset the timezone as appropriate to your region

smile3.gif
if you update the firmware or reset defaults anytime you will need to reset the timezone as appropriate to your region

Don't have an 129 but presumed like ancestor A119 series. As @jokiin states, you do have to update the time zone, then GPS will update the Date/time properly. Have edited my previous post accordingly. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hm... and if you drive across timezones, east/west enough? I believed it was what gps was there for, to derive timezone from the location, among other things.

Of course it does in GMT+0, it was a little bit of sarcasm; you'd need a really tiny map of timezones over the globe to do time adjustment (i.e. select the timezone according to device's location), that is not impossible to do even in a dashcam, though.

Of course it does in GMT+0, it was a little bit of sarcasm; you'd need a really tiny map of timezones over the globe to do time adjustment (i.e. select the timezone according to device's location), that is not impossible to do even in a dashcam, though.

not impossible, doesn't need a map but it does need a huge database for lookup, I did auto timezone in a previous model but it's a lot of work to do, went back to manual timezones as it's a lot less resource hungry

went back to manual timezones as it's a lot less resource hungry

YES (y) Best to have as much possible for what really matters, in this case video. I'd gladly give up G-sensor, Motion Detect, audio, GPS, in fact everything except date/time stamp if it could be used to improve the vids noticeably. It would be a hard sell to the masses though, so I guess I'll never see it :(

Phil

Back