Truck driver ejected from truck after hitting median barrier (R.I.P) Thailand

I wonder if he swerved to avoid something/someone, or just fell asleep.
At least the divider did its job and protected oncoming traffic.

Looks like a scene out of a Jackie Chan film. Can't believe they use a regular old Toyota pickup with a shell for an ambulance though. I always thought about piling people in the back of my truck in an emergency but not on a regular basis as that.

giphy.gif

My vague understanding of the Thai ambulance system is they use the pickup trucks in rural areas or 'first response' units. The rescue teams are all quasi-volunteer organizations that manage to make a profit and have full time employees. The hospitals 'donate' to these rescue companies and it's probable you'll pass a hospital that isn't so generous to get to one that donates more.
I've been passed by these pickup units in rural areas, only to see them in the next village on the side of the road transferring the stretcher to an actual ambulance.
I grew up in an area of the US the nearest 24 hr emergency room was 30-45 minutes away by car. The County PD had a few 'crash wagons' positioned around the county at any given time. (Police cars that were large Chevy or Ford station wagons, with a stretcher in the back.) Actual ambulances were spread out much thinner, and no helicopters back then. It was pretty common to die in the back of one of those on the way to the hospital, or get into a second wreck.

Reminds me of a police chase here in Houston many years ago where the car thief lost control of the SUV and hit the center barrier and was ejected... And then run over and... taken apart by vehicles going the opposite direction.

Reminds me of a police chase here in Houston many years ago where the car thief lost control of the SUV and hit the center barrier and was ejected... And then run over and... taken apart by vehicles going the opposite direction.

seems like a fair outcome

Sooooo ? ambulance leave against the direction of traffic, thats something i have never seen here.

Remember the Jackie Chan movie ( rumble in the bronx ) where he have to jump onto a hovercraft and get injured, adapt overcome keep filming.

Back