True Motion Detection or just G (shock) Sensor?

Scrumpot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Trying to determine if the B4K has true (no contact needed) Motion Detection activation when in parking mode (hardwire kit needed - understood), or only just G-Sensor?
Amazon says both, but experience says that Amazon product title/descriptions can be wonky. Not looking for long-term, 24/7 multiple days type coverage necessarily, but something that "watches out" & records proximity motion even relatively around (without IMPACT being required! :oops:) - while away - parked at a carshow for instance - for even just few hours at a time?

Awesome forums here guys! Looking forward to the feedback.
Cheers,
-Grant

@estore009 there's also "Event" mode. Would this be a combination of both Motion and G-Sensor triggered parking mode? Thanks!

photo_2021-05-13_13-02-34.jpg

You should option "Event" value in the APP. No G-trigger in the camera menu I think!

You should option "Event" value in the APP. No G-trigger in the camera menu I think!
would it be possible to request a change in firmware to allow option screen to stay on(no time out) when car is driven? this is handy at night time so other drivers are aware car is protected with dashcam, ie. tailgaters. etc.

would it be possible to request a change in firmware to allow option screen to stay on(no time out) when car is driven? this is handy at night time so other drivers are aware car is protected with dashcam, ie. tailgaters. etc.
keep in mind if you come across the wrong cop you can get fined for that

keep in mind if you come across the wrong cop you can get fined for that
you can get fined for fiddling with camera while driving. however having dashcam screen on is same as having gps screen on, i have never been pulled up for this in victoria. not sure in nsw. however it would be good option to have from security perspective..

you can get fined for fiddling with camera while driving. however having dashcam screen on is same as having gps screen on,
GPS screen is no problem as it's classified as a driving aid, dashcams aren't, just because you haven't been pulled up for it doesn't mean it's legal, it's not if in view of the driver

Only screen you can have going here is nav unit and radio screen, but also LCD mirrors now
But even if a LCD mirror are sort of a rear dashcam, i dont think you are allowed to have the dashcam going, but like jokiin say thats just until you run into a POED cop.
In general you cant have stuff on the windscreen here, or dangling from mirror, but the local cop programs you often see that in cars and the cop do not even mention it

A few years back i saw a guy having a big ipad on the bottom of his windscreen, a phone above that and a NAV unit at the very top, pretty much giving him a LCD screen down the middle of his windscreen.

In general cops here are clueless as to the law, so much so even basic constitution rights like the right to speak and protest have been violated, even on camera, and no one get fired.
This worry me a great deal as it is such a fundamental part of a society, thats supposed to not be a dictatorship or some backwards banana republic.

Option screen saver OFF in the camera menu!

So I have not seen this option in the camera's menu, just in app. What is the difference between event and rest? Could it be motion and g Combined?

Back