Trying to decide between the SJCam M20, SJ6 Legend or...

jbinx

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm looking to buy one and so far my top choices are the SJCam M20 and the SJ6. My requirements is that it should have a 16 megapixel sensor and gyro stabilization at least. Having a remote is optional but a plus. Any other recommendations or is either of the SJCam a good choice? If I go for the SJCam, do you guys think that the SJ6 is worth the wait or should I just get the M20?

The SJ6 should be very similar to the M20 for image quality, I think it will probably have a small improvement but you should decide based on the shape rather than image quality.

Also consider the Gitup Git2 which so far has the best gyro stabilization of the three, especially if you like using manual settings. It uses the same processor, has a 16MP sensor and a remote control is available.

Reactions: Mtz
The SJ6 should be very similar to the M20 for image quality, I think it will probably have a small improvement but you should decide based on the shape rather than image quality.

Yes, I also do consider the shape (hence I'm leaning towards the SJ6 Legend now) but image quality is a bit on the top priority for me since I want good-looking images and videos. :D That extra screen in the front of the SJ6 looks really nice.

Also consider the Gitup Git2 which so far has the best gyro stabilization of the three, especially if you like using manual settings. It uses the same processor, has a 16MP sensor and a remote control is available.

I've read about the Git2 also. Could you explain a bit on that manual settings thing? From what I read the SJCam have settings for EV, ISO, etc. Is that what you're talking about?

That extra screen in the front of the SJ6 looks really nice.
Yes, but every time you look at that extra screen on the front, a fuzzy out of focus head will appear in the video :rolleyes:

I've read about the Git2 also. Could you explain a bit on that manual settings thing? From what I read the SJCam have settings for EV, ISO, etc. Is that what you're talking about?
Yes, SJCam have some manual settings, but try taking a photo timelapse of the meteor shower tonight and you will find that long exposures can not be combined with timelapse, only auto exposure for timelapse mode. The Git2 doesn't have restrictions like that and has more settings available.

If you're in a hurry then get the M20. I own one and I don't regret buying it. Although I do find the shape a bit weird I find the stills and videos taken by the camera looks great.

Back