Trying to Hardwire in 2016 F150

nummit

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi
I'm trying to hardwire a Viofo 119v2 dash cam into my 2016 Ford F150. I bought the cam and hardwire kit from Blackbox my car.
The problem is the fuse tap (Micro2) cant engage in the fuse slot because it is too short. The plastic housing of the factory fuse box prevents the fuse tap from fully seating into the slot in any direction. I can push it in but it pops right back out and even pushing and holding the tap in place fails because the tap can go deep enough into the socket to make a connection, therefore I can't get power.
Hoping someone can provide a solution?

Thank you

Last edited:
This is the add a fuse kit I'm talking about. The problem is the right angle of the connector hits the plastic frame of the factory fuse box. The tap cannot be pushed deep enough into the socket to make a connection. If forced in, it will simply pop right back out

You need to order an ATR micro 2 add a fuse. The normal add a fuses for micro 2 don’t work with the F150’s.

You need to order an ATR micro 2 add a fuse. The normal add a fuses for micro 2 don’t work with the F150’s.
Great thanks,
What makes the atr micro2 different from the regular micro2? if the difference is the length of the prongs that get inserted into the fuse slot then I am confident this will solve my problem

Great thanks,
What makes the atr micro2 different from the regular micro2? if the difference is the length of the prongs that get inserted into the fuse slot then I am confident this will solve my problem

I believe it has longer prongs. If you do
Some searches regarding add a fuses and the F150 you should find lots of sources. Mainly for radar detectors.

I believe it has longer prongs. If you do
Some searches regarding add a fuses and the F150 you should find lots of sources. Mainly for radar detectors.
I have been researching for two days LOL
There seems to be a few people with 2016 and 2017 F150's that have a problem using standard micro2 fuse taps. The plastic that molds around the blades covers too much of the blade so it can't engage with the socket. I have read about people cutting back some of the plastic and they will eventually fit but I would rather not do that.

Ok, I just ordered one to try. Thanks for all your help.
I also ordered these just in case.44892

Back