Trying To Update

John1874

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm trying to update my 612gw before I install it in my car. I have tried using the replay software option of updating but it just constantly says connecting to dashcam. I have options on my dashcam screen mass storage, power on or update. I have tried selecting all three but to no avail. I also downloaded the update folder to do it manually but my system will not allow me to open the bin file. I am currently using system that is running windows 7 is this part of the problem or am I doing something wrong? any help please.

Put the .bin file on a small (at or under 32gb) newly formatted SD card (FAT or FAT32). Put that card in the unit and power up the unit ....... from a wall socket or in the car. Not from a PC USB.

Do not try to open the .bin file, just use it exactly as it is.

Hi it would seen I have now have a write protection issue on both the disks I have purchased they are both brand new but will not allow copying of files to them I have contacted the manufacturer for support I will post when I am successful with upgrade. Unless you can assist on write protection removal which would be greatly appreciated.

Where are the cards? In an adaptor or in the camera?

+ have you formatted them on a PC first ?

The first card I formatted in the camera. The second card I tried to copy the file over without formatting it first it wouldn’t do it. I then formatted it on my pc and it still wouldn’t copy the file over. I use the adapter to insert into my pc.

Hi all,
I successfully managed to update my 612. I tried another route and I bought a new external memory card reader to try instead of my integrated one. Low & behold the file transfer worked first time. Inserted card into dash cam & hey presto it updated! Thanks for all your help & advice

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P 612GW 2