Trying to upgrade to a front and rear HD system with Wi-Fi

AstroKat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here but not new to dash cams. We've had iTrue cams on our cars for a while (a deal on Amazon, ages ago). We just got a new car and I ordered a Blacksys CH-200 and expected to be able to use our phones to configure it, access the video over Wi-Fi, etc.

The latest version of the Blacksys app in the Google Play store will not work on my Pixel XL, even with the latest firmware on the cam. I was able to access the cam with an old iPhone 6 but the Apple version of the app is just as terrible (and has an average 1 star rating).

Apologies that I haven't done much research on this site yet. Just putting this out there and wondering if anyone here can help, or direct me to useful threads.

For me, the Blacksys CH-200 seems pretty useless and I may as well return it. Then what would I replace it with? I was also looking at Thinkware cams but I see similar comments on their app (i.e. that it won't connect with Android Oreo).

It looks like my post was moved. FYI, this was a general question, not specific to Blacksys...

Back