Turn off beeps but still have voice notification

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
Is it possible to turn off the beeps (like when you pause recording and it keeps beeping), and still have voice notifications? If I turn off sounds, and turn on Voice Notifications, I don't get any Voice Notifications.

Thanks.

Yes and no... upcoming firmware - 1.6 fixes some of these issues but breaks other things so... dunno what to tell you buddy.

Yes and no... upcoming firmware - 1.6 fixes some of these issues but breaks other things so... dunno what to tell you buddy.
I got firmware 1.6 and STILL have no way to disable the constant beeping independently from the rest of the audio notifications.
So, to get rid of the annoyance, my only choice is to kill ALL notifications.

What "other things" get broken? Care to elaborate?
I'm having serious issues with timestamps being absurd (into the future). The camera records but the footage gets named and timestamped with whatever the camera feels like, not the correct times.

you just set the time zone, dont mess with the clock or a sync to phone if that feature is there, thats only if you dont have the GPS antenna.

Otherwise at least until now with the cameras i have seen it on, when i camera default for some reason it is always to a day in history ( a year or 2 ago ) never have i seen it default to a future date.

I got firmware 1.6 and STILL have no way to disable the constant beeping independently from the rest of the audio notifications.
So, to get rid of the annoyance, my only choice is to kill ALL notifications.

What "other things" get broken? Care to elaborate?
I'm having serious issues with timestamps being absurd (into the future). The camera records but the footage gets named and timestamped with whatever the camera feels like, not the correct times.
Yes.. same i noticed.. so i went back to 1.5 and yeah even if gmt was set right. Note : Phone time synch is bs, use the GMT value.

No pc connection to camera, you have to take card out and use reader to be able to firmware upgrade or downgrade or access videos. Once in parking mode buttons start working but go wonky random commands from different button.

you just set the time zone, dont mess with the clock or a sync to phone if that feature is there, thats only if you dont have the GPS antenna.

Otherwise at least until now with the cameras i have seen it on, when i camera default for some reason it is always to a day in history ( a year or 2 ago ) never have i seen it default to a future date.
Mine was doing future dates as well, 2 days even sometimes not just a day..

Back