Turn off data display?

Mooster

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I've just purchased and installed a DR650GW-2CH. I'm reasonably happy with it so far but I'm still trying to get it set up exactly how I want it to be.

One thing I'd like to do is completely disable (turn off) the on-screen display at the bottom of the screen. So far, I've only been able to disable the date & time display. I believe it's also possible to disable the speed but I haven't found how to do that yet. Can someone enlighten me?

Ultimately, though, I'd like to turn off the entire data display (so that I get a nice clean video with no data displayed at all). Is this possible? I'd be very disappointed if it's not!

Thanks

MV

Ah, yes. That's part of my problem solved. Thanks. :)

As for hiding the entire data display, I'm guessing this isn't possible at this stage? I hope this will be addressed in a firmware update.

Ah, yes. That's part of my problem solved. Thanks. :)

As for hiding the entire data display, I'm guessing this isn't possible at this stage? I hope this will be addressed in a firmware update.
I doubt that will ever be a function.. Companies like being able to brand their stuff

Yes, I was thinking that branding would be the reason as well but this "free marketing" is simply not acceptable, in my opinion.

Sure, go ahead and put your company logo on the hardware I buy from you but don't pollute my content (the videos) with your branding as well! And don't try and tell me your camera is delivering "Full HD" when the bottom of the frame is covered up with data/advertising that can't be removed without cropping the video (effectively reducing its resolution).

Should we as dashcam owners really be happy with this? I mean, imagine the outcry if every video everyone ever shot on their home handycams (or iPhones/Android devices/whatever), had "Sony Handycam" or "Apple iPhone 6" (etc.) embedded into the image and there was no simple way to get rid of it?

Yes, I was thinking that branding would be the reason as well but this "free marketing" is simply not acceptable, in my opinion.

Sure, go ahead and put your company logo on the hardware I buy from you but don't pollute my content (the videos) with your branding as well! And don't try and tell me your camera is delivering "Full HD" when the bottom of the frame is covered up with data/advertising that can't be removed without cropping the video (effectively reducing its resolution).

Should we as dashcam owners really be happy with this? I mean, imagine the outcry if every video everyone ever shot on their home handycams (or iPhones/Android devices/whatever), had "Sony Handycam" or "Apple iPhone 6" (etc.) embedded into the image and there was no simple way to get rid of it?

BlackVue does not place any branding on the videos themselves other than the model name in the bottom right and corner; being DR650GW-2CH. Is that what you're referring to? From what we see it looks like the vast majority of dash camera manufacturers do this.

Yes, the model name is what I'm talking about. However, as far as I'm concerned, that's still "branding" and it should be able to be disabled.

If Apple embedded "iPhone 6s" (but not "Apple") at the bottom of everyone's iPhone videos, it would obviously still be regarded as branding. Actually, they do this with their "Sent from my iPhone/iPad" email signatures - but at least they allow their customers to disable it.

And just because the majority of dashcam manufacturers do it, it doesn't make it right. It's nothing but an annoyance, quite frankly (and I don't understand why any manufacturer would want to annoy their customers).

Yes, the model name is what I'm talking about. However, as far as I'm concerned, that's still "branding" and it should be able to be disabled.

If Apple embedded "iPhone 6s" (but not "Apple") at the bottom of everyone's iPhone videos, it would obviously still be regarded as branding. Actually, they do this with their "Sent from my iPhone/iPad" email signatures - but at least they allow their customers to disable it.

And just because the majority of dashcam manufacturers do it, it doesn't make it right. It's nothing but an annoyance, quite frankly (and I don't understand why any manufacturer would want to annoy their customers).

Ok, no worries at all - We would recommend contacting your distributor in NZ so they can relay your concerns to the manufacturer for you.

we have our band name in the video, there's an option in the menu to turn that off though

I've just purchased and installed a DR650GW-2CH. I'm reasonably happy with it so far but I'm still trying to get it set up exactly how I want it to be.

One thing I'd like to do is completely disable (turn off) the on-screen display at the bottom of the screen. So far, I've only been able to disable the date & time display. I believe it's also possible to disable the speed but I haven't found how to do that yet. Can someone enlighten me?

Ultimately, though, I'd like to turn off the entire data display (so that I get a nice clean video with no data displayed at all). Is this possible? I'd be very disappointed if it's not!

Thanks

MV
Hi, In your viewer, go into settings and in Speed Display, select Display Off. Regards John.

Back