Turned off automatically in parking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a setting on the A800 that says ‘turned off automatically in parking’.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what this does? I can’t find any info in the 70Mai guides relating to it.

1EE3AA54-88B5-4E3E-AE90-3727FA9C462D.jpeg

What are the options ? if it is a string of minutes / hours it is probably a timer for how long you want parking guard to be on.

Yes I was thinking something along those lines.
It doesn’t let me change it at the moment. I’ve only been going through the menu system here in the house so it’s not fitted in the car yet with the hardwire kit. I think if it detects the hardwire kit it’ll let me change the setting but it’s not clear what it does in any of the user manuals online or in the app.
Also on the hardwire kit, I thought there would be a switch setting to set the minimum voltage cutoff but there isn’t. It’s just a sealed unit.

The low voltage cut of in some hard wire kits i only think is there when it is 5 V cameras, if the camera is 12 V then the low voltage cut off are often in the camera itself.
But i think ??? the A800 are powered by a USB plug so it too must be 5V.
I am wondering if you can access the hard wire kit from the camera and set a low volltage cut off that way,,,,,,, though i doubt it as that would be more complicated then a 3-4 position slider switch.

Yes if it is a micro / mini or USB C plug in the camera for power it is 5 volts, the hard wire kit is that 2 or 3 wire ?

It’s a 3 wire.
I’m getting it installed on the 7th October in the car. My spine/back limits what I can do myself nowadays lol otherwise it’d be in the car this weekend!

7BF65AAB-50E8-4524-9DB1-2D73B7017429.jpeg

My back are not too good either, and also part of the reason i was put on early retirement a few years ago.
But it could be much worse for sure so was amazed i got early retirement after all, whatever i am not as flexible as i use to be, and as a kid if i could get my head thru something the rest of my body could also fit thru, but that is no longer the case, and my head are more inflated than it use to be :)

The gamer part, well i have the PC for it, but it seem games have departed from what i like to play, at least when it come to online FPS games.
I just want to run and gun, and grab a flag ( CTF ) all the other stuff in current games i cant be bothered with and i am pretty sure if i tried i would get really really mad.
And its too bad, as now i have the time for gaming, the 6 - 8 hours i put in daily while playing in the old days was hard to balance against a 8 - 10 hour work day.

Agreed. Reactions aren’t as quick when playing call of duty no more but hopefully the new one with have search and destroy in it on good maps. PUBG was good but too buggy. I mess about a bit on smite too. It’s a steep learning curve but once you get the gist of how to play some of the gods it does become interesting and tactical.
There’s been some good war zone tournaments on twitch over the last few weeks. They’re killing people before I’ve even focussed on them lol

I started out playing Soldier of fortune, then moved to medal of honor and the first few COD games.
New games with leveling up this and that, calling in airstrikes - stuffing yourself with amour plates and jabbing yourself with needles, that is what bother me the most.
I just want to spawn with a little or no gun, and then find guns / ammo / health on the map, and just picking them up by running over them.
And then let my game skill show who i am, in SOF i was normally ranked in top 50 worldwide and other games i was also fast approached by clans wanting me to join.
Also having no say in which server you get on PO the hell out of me, in the SOF days i played much in the UK on the Jolt servers

Hi all, just got my A800. I'm experiencing some weird issues. Currently the dashcam is hardwired using old kit after Viofo A129. I connected via adapter as viofo hardwire kit is mini usb and A800 is micro.
The problem is when i drive the camera just switches off and powers back on. For some reason it only does it when speed is very low (traffic) bellow 20mph and seems to work better with speed higher that 30mph. I was suspecting the ADAS functions to interfere but no change after i have switched them off. I have upgraded the firmware to the latest one and still no change.
Could it be a problem with hardwire kit from old dashcam being not compatible or the adapter is faulty ( i tested adapter on other device and it seems ok). I will try to connect the dashcam via usb to cigarette lighter and see if that brings any changes.

You should use the original hard wire kit at the sign of improper behavior, the same go for the people not wanting to use the original provided cigarette power source and prefer to plug into something else.

This setting is intended for automatic switching to Parking mode if the vehicle's power supply is not lost. The g-sensor detects that the car is at rest and switches to Parking mode. But you need a special cable.

Back