Turning A139 off

Bossky

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hey @VIOFO-Support

can you please make turning dash cam easier and faster?
Because there's no good working geofencing and no promised "garage parking mode", I have to turn the cam off few times a day.
Holding the power button for 5 sec is really annoying, so could you change if for
double press or anything else for quick switch off?

Keep in mind that there are other users as well and since a dashcam is quite vital to be on, I think that long-hold press is perfectly reasonable.

If anything, I would rather change the simplicity of formating SDcard imho...

Keep in mind that there are other users as well
Don't know what you're talking about.
They don't have to use the "quick switch off" option if they don't need it.

I think it is better to leave the camera to turn it off automatically after the car is turned off.

I think it is better to leave the camera to turn it off automatically after the car is turned off.
I think he means if its wired using hard wire kit, it will not then turn off automatically when the car is turned off.
When will a working version of parking geo be available ?

I think he means if its wired using hard wire kit, it will not then turn off automatically when the car is turned off.
It will if you turn parking mode off.

It might help if Bossky gave an explanation as to why he needs to turn the A139 off several times a day, since that does not appear to be normal use. If Viofo understands the reason then they are more likely to produce a sensible solution. Maybe geofencing is the best solution, but there may also be better choices.

It will if you turn parking mode off.

It might help if Bossky gave an explanation as to why he needs to turn the A139 off several times a day, since that does not appear to be normal use. If Viofo understands the reason then they are more likely to produce a sensible solution. Maybe geofencing is the best solution, but there may also be better choices.
For me, i'd like it to turn off automatically when I park in a "safe" place but anywhere else it to go into parking mode

O so you mean location based parking guard / geo fence, i think something like that have been worked on / attempted, but how it is going i do not know as i have never gotten around to trying that out.
Myself i have gotten around this by just using 1 hour parking guard on the build in timer, this cover all my parking elsewhere and are gentle on my car battery when i park at home where i have CCTV on the car.

Normally you can long press one of the camera buttons to just turn off the camera after it have changed to parking guard, but that is of course not automatic.

It might help if Bossky gave an explanation as to why he needs to turn the A139 off several times a day, since that does not appear to be normal use. If Viofo understands the reason then they are more likely to produce a sensible solution.

Well, I have few real save parking places covered with CCTV. I have to drive very often from one of those places to another and that journeys are not long enough to charge my car's battery to good level (+StartStop, AA, etc.).
A139 is connected by HK3, so I have to turn the cam off manually every time I'm there to save battery power for places where I need parking mode more (like shopping centers, etc).
Here the good geofencing mode would be helpful.

But in my home's garage geofencing is not enough, because I don't need parking mode in my garage but really need it on the street next to the garage.

So here only "garage mode" could help:

A139 could automatic switch off after it enters the geofencing location and goes in parking mode and then it loose the GPS signal.

And @VIOFO-Support because after many months there are no geofencing and no garage mode I'm only asking about easier and faster turning off the cam.
e.g. "Short press the power button to switch “On / Off / Auto” mode of the infrared LED lights" could be changed to "power off" for 2CH A139.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-195308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-195308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well, I have few real save parking places covered with CCTV. I have to drive very often from one of those places to another and that journeys are not long enough to charge my car's battery to good level (+StartStop, AA, etc.).
A139 is connected by HK3, so I have to turn the cam off manually every time I'm there to save battery power for places where I need parking mode more (like shopping centers, etc).
Does it work better for you if you turn parking mode off, then when you are in the shopping centre, you turn the car off, the dashcam goes to sleep, you then turn the dashcam back on? I'm not sure if that is currently possible though, some people were complaining that the power button does not work while it is asleep...

Does it work better for you if you turn parking mode off, then when you are in the shopping centre, you turn the car off, the dashcam goes to sleep, you then turn the dashcam back on?
Thanks @Nigel but saying true I prefer to forget to turn the cam off than forget to turn it on ;)

Thanks @Nigel but saying true I prefer to forget to turn the cam off than forget to turn it on ;)
Yes, there are many people who prefer it that way around :D

This is why the geofencing function is needed, but it seems like you need to be able to set many "safe locations", not just one "home location". I hope Viofo can implement more than 1 safe location...

Back