Turning off camera

sgriffin130

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just had a Thinkware U1000 2 channel system installed with the radar module and the battery pack hardwired. Is it best to turn the camera off when the car is in my garage and/or when I am traveling and the car is in my garage for an extended period of time? I keep the settings on energy saver to utilize the radar module. Thanks in advance for any advice. I am also having inconsistent results with the wifi/hotspot connection. In addition,(this is probably a dumb question, but I am new to dash cam technology) how do I locate my car if it's being driven somewhere and I am at home with my phone?

I used to park my car in a shared parking garage and I left it on for obvious reasons. Now I park it in a single car garage and I still leave it on, since I never know what it might catch. I was having issues with finding the garage door open. I reviewed the parking mode footage from my car and found that my girlfriend left it open while she was taking out some cardboard boxes. Another time it was left open and I reviewed the footage to see three women walk by and one came back to take a second look in the garage. Not sure what she was doing, but my guess would be she was looking to see if there was anything of value to take. If she had actually entered the garage, then I would have video evidence to take action against her.

Back