Turning OFF camera

sgriffin130

Reaction score
Country
United States
I posted this on a general forum but thought it would be better here. I just had a Thinkware U1000 2 channel system installed with the radar module and the battery pack hardwired. Is it best to turn the camera off when the car is in my garage and/or when I am traveling and the car is in my garage for an extended period of time? I keep the settings on energy saver to utilize the radar module. Thanks in advance for any advice. I am also having inconsistent results with the wifi/hotspot connection. In addition,(this is probably a dumb question, but I am new to dash cam technology) how do I locate my car if it's being driven somewhere and I am at home with my phone? I do not have an unlimited data plan since I am retired and usually am on wifi most of the time, so I am wondering when this system eats data. Is it only when remote live streaming or uploading to the cloud?

I turn mine off when it's in the garage overnight. No point having it running at all when it's not needed. In regards to tracking your car with the dashcam, it needs a permanent data connection from a hotspot in the car for this to work.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

One of the issues I am having is spotty connection between my iPhone and the camera. The Thinkware wifi shows as “no internet connection “ once I select it on the phone. Then the Thinkware app just stalls or says there has been no attempt to connect to the wifi for 30 seconds and then says it will connect to the personal hotspot. It then sometimes connects and sometimes doesn’t.

Back