Turning Screen Off

rrayll

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tried but cannot find a way to turn the screen off completely. Now after my car is started and the cam powers up, the screen comes on for a selected interval, ie 1 minute, then blacks out. Is there a way to set the dash cam so the screen doesn't come on at all when the cam is powered? The reason I would like to do this is have some protection when the car is parked in a garage and the car is moved. I don't want to make it obvious to the garage people that I have a dash cam when they move my car (in case something bad happens).
Thanks.

I like this stealth idea as well, possible firmware wish list idea. Until then you should get some black painters tape. (The type of tape that leaves no residue behind)

Wow, that was a fast response. I kinda thought about using tape as well, but your suggestion of no residue tape is a very good one. Thanks.

Even if the screen is off you still have flashing lights indicating it's recording. Be sure to cover them too. Maybe use Velcro to be able to quickly attach some black fabric or a piece of black plastic to cover the whole thing.

Sometimes its better they know you are recording and there is concrete evidence in case something happens.

Just remove the camera when it goes in for a service! In my experience it is sometimes better not to know what goes on as it will only annoy you. :)

I think I would rather know what happens....if anything happens!!

I think I would rather know what happens....if anything happens!!
I predict there will be a few small annoyances, major issues will be extremely rare. My Mercedes is serviced in approved dealers and everytime it goes in there is something that frustrates me. Little things like booking the car in early for it to sit in the parking bay for 2 hours or on another occasion they promised to let me know as soon as the service was complete but instead didnt inform me for 3.5 hours. Luckily nothing major.

Back