Tutorial - Connecting power switch for the Blackvue DR900S-2CH w/ Blackvue B-124X Power Magic Ultra Battery Pack

RJMP_XB

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH-T-Mobile Sonic 2.0 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
Greetings everyone

I was wondering if anyone has added a Power On/Off switch to there BlackVue w/ there Batter Pack. I currently have the:
* Blackvue DR900S-2CH
* Blackvue B-124X Power Magic Ultra Battery Pack

Currently have it hooked up with the Hardwiring Kit > Fuse Box and when using car i have to turn on switch from battery and looking into adding an Power On/Off switch if possible. Thanks in advance
1656001790241.png

In a few of my recent BlackVue dash cam review videos, I've mentioned it would be nice to have an On/Off (Power) button as part of the BlackVue dash cameras. I have added a DPST (dual pole single throw) On/Off switch in the output wiring from the battery pack to the dash camera (near the dash camera) to allow me to fully power down (constant/battery and switched/accessory power) the BlackVue dash camera.

In your case, a DR900S-2CH dash cam only has one power lead and one ground. You could get away with a SPST (single pole single throw) switch in the constant/battery power from the battery pack to the dash camera.

I have a video that discusses connecting a dash camera to one of the many battery packs produced by EGEN, Inc. The B-124X is one of those battery packs. I show the ordering of the terminal pins in the battery pack so you know which is constant, accessory and ground. You could place a SPST switch in the constant power wire to act as your dash camera's On/Off switch. The supercapacitor in the BlackVue dash camera will gracefully power down the dash camera after the power has been turned off via the switch.

Back