Tweaking OV4689 (HDR OFF) & IMX322...

I like the pictures to the Left, the 2 that dont have a haze / smog feeling to them.

I like the pictures to the Left, the 2 that dont have a haze / smog feeling to them.
The contrast and gamma can be easily corrected. The details in the frame are more important to me...

23.gif

Last edited:
I agree, a "beautiful" picture saturated with colors is not the main thing, detailing on such pictures is worse
unfortunately a lot people like what they see when what they see is an appealing image even though it actually has less detail, same reason retailers like to play animated films on display TV's, it looks great but tells you nothing about contrast, black levels etc

No doubt the examples on the right eat up a lot of detail.
I have been playing with bracketed photos in the last days, probably why i liked the overdrive footage above, cuz mixing 5 slightly different pictures into one you can make some extremely aggressive HDR and contrast pictures.
95a528968b82a8fd7675ced6e222f6089dff1b73.jpg

It's hard for me to understand what programmers think about when they release firmware.
On the left is the stock version of the firmware, on the right is the modified firmware...
NT CTOK vs NT MOD (1).jpg
NT CTOK vs NT MOD (2).jpg
NT CTOK vs NT MOD (3).jpg
NT CTOK vs NT MOD (4).jpg

Back