Two 1-ch dash cams configuration

ScottinLA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

After researching this website, I carefully selected my criteria for new dash cam as follows:

Front camera:
1. Decent IQ (at least 1080p)
2. Pre-buffered parking mode w/ motion detection
3. Automatic parking mode via vehicle movement (because I'll use a powerbank to power my dash cam)
4. Sound notification of previous parking mode when switch back to normal mode (like "12 motion detected last night")
5. Cylindrical design, but not a must option

Rear camera:
1. IQ

Based on the aforementioned, I think I can narrow it down to

Qvia T790, Blackvue 750S-1ch, or 650-1ch for my front cam
and Viofo A119 for my rear cam.

I think I'm really into Qvia T790, mostly because it's cheaper.
Qvia T790 w/ 128gb would be $300 whereas 750S(128gb)@$400 or 650s(128gb)@$350-ish.

However, I'm worried about Lukas/Qvia leaving the North america market.
Warranty wouldn't be easier.. and not sure if there will be any further update on firmware.

As far as rear cam, I think I will use Viofo A119 normal mode all the time.
And, if anything happens to my car, the front camera will alert me, then I can check the rear camera.

Any suggestion or a piece of wise advice for noob?

By the way, I do have a couple of questions.

Is 750S-1ch excatly same as the front camera of 750s-2ch except the fact that you can't add a rear camera later?
I thought 1ch cameras tend to have higher bitrate, so this 750s-1ch might have higher bitrate than 2ch?

If I use powerbank that comes only with usb connection, would 12v/5v adapter (w/ cigarette socket) be enough?
Or is there other stuff that I should worry besides female/male socket? (Maybe, something electrically?)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XWZWYVP
Can I use cheaper SD card like this? (for Qvia, Blackvue, or Viofo)
I saw lots of comments saying that I should get genuine u3 micro sd-card, but I didn't really get genuine part.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
The green Samsung EVO Select is the equiva;ent of the EVO Plus and are good cards :) Blackvue uses proprietary cards and attempts to use others usually ends in failure- this is one of my biggest beefs with Blackvue :mad:

Phil

Yes that's just too fruitcompany like, and no one should jump on board such a bandwagon.

I'm using 2 Goluk T3 dash cams. They have all the features you're looking for. The prebuffered parking mode works great and it let's you know when it switches between parking mode and normal recording. They also have wifi so I don't have to worry about getting the SD card from the rear cam. I've been using this setup almost a year now with no issues here in San Antonio, TX. The battery back up I use is Anypower T plus Alpha. I got everything on Amazon. Here are some sample videos.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back