Two accident within a month in the same roundabout and almost a third one.

Saar21

Reaction score
Country
Israel
First accident:
The car that hit me was in the left lane ,and when he exit from the roundabout he cut my lane.
You can see the pickup truck at the beginning of the video does the same thing.

If he was keeping on his lane nothing would have happened, like this:

Second accident:
I was in the right lane and a stupid old driver tried to change lanes and hit me.

And almost a third accident:
A very stupid woman that tried to turn left from an only "straight" lane.
My lane was "straight" and "left" lane, so think what would have happened if I was driving straight.

First video, did they have the right of way? Probably hit on purpose.

First video, did they have the right of way? Probably hit on purpose.
Traffic regulation of a roundabout in israel says that you need to give the right of way to the traffic that crosses your path.
In this case we had the same path, i entered into the right lane and he was in the left lane, and we both continued straight.
But when he exit the roundabout he cut into my lane instead of continue with is lane.

Like i said befor you can see the pickup truck doing the same thing.
He was in the left lane and in the same point that i was hit he cut into the right lane and then go back to the left lane.
The driver that hit me did the same thing, i don't think that it was on purpose he just don't know how to keep is lane in a two lanes roundabout like most drivers in israel.

The seconed video that i upload show to you how he was supposed to drive.

Simple rule of the roundabout
If there are cars in the round, don't get in unless it's backing up traffic.
People can't keep in one lane on straight roads so roundabout is asking for too much. :D

Simple rule of the roundabout
If there are cars in the round, don't get in unless it's backing up traffic.
People can't keep in one lane on straight roads so roundabout is asking for too much. :D
in a city/country where roundabouts are about as rare as people who are fluent in every language on earth, city planners decided to build a 3-lane wide rotary in a heavily traveled section of the city of Houston:
https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7240037,-95.3909377,175m/data=!3m1!1e3

I avoid that area whenever possible. I'll drive 5 miles out of my way to avoid having to use the rotary. I think i know how to navigate a rotary properly, but very few others do, so I stay far, far away. People here can't merge on a normal freeway... they sure as hell can't merge properly in a much smaller traffic circle.

He was in the left lane and in the same point that i was hit he cut into the right lane and then go back to the left lane.

Well then, that is your solution. Always use the left lane in the roundabout and you will not get hit. o_O

The seconed video that i upload show to you how he was supposed to drive.

Should be marked though. Like this ...

Roundabout+cycling.gif

Back