Two channel camera with parking mode for electric car?

ty04

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo + A119 + BlackVue DR750S-2CH
I just installed a Blackvue DR750S-2ch into my car. I like the all the features but I'm not liking the video quality (coming from an A119 in my old car).

The main reason I went with the DR750 was because of its G-Sensor/movement activated parking mode. As my car is electric, it doesn't have a fuse box, a continuously powered outlet, an ignition, and (for now), I can't reliably wire it up to the internal 12v battery. Right now I have the camera plugged into a mobile battery pack with the pack plugged into the car to charge when I'm driving it.

Until I can plug into the car's battery, I'll be using the mobile battery pack to power the camera.

I had my eye on the Mini 0906 and the Thinkware F800, but from my understanding they need to be hooked up to a fuse or ignition to have the parking mode automatically activate.

Are there any other cameras that operate like the Blackvue but with better video quality? Any wiring hacks to make the camera think it's hooked up to a normal car?

Thanks!

You've got to be joking. Make sure you have the video quality set to 1080p. I have the DR590 and the quality is excellent.

This is night time video. Make sure to change the video resolution to 1080p.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You've got to be joking. Make sure you have the video quality set to 1080p. I have the DR590 and the quality is excellent.

This is night time video. Make sure to change the video resolution to 1080p.

I currently have the camera set to Extreme mode (Front 25Mbps 1080p60 + Rear 10Mbps 1080p30) with NV on, but I have tested it with other recommended settings like turning NV off and setting brightness to +3.

The video isn't bad and I am really impressed with its night vision. However, with the bit rate the main camera is running at, either it's poor at compression or the lens is not of great quality as it seems unable to resolve finer details. It's not out of focus, but it's just kinda mushy compared to my old A119 running at the same bitrate.

Honestly if the camera was about $100 cheaper, I wouldn't mind as much.

Last edited:
You will surely have to play with the settings. My front main only goes to 1080p 30fps with NV on. Front and rear. You can try that and leave brightness default.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back